Apr 1, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
Mike Moser has decided to return to UNLV for his junior season.
The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 14.0 ppg and 10.5 rpg in his first season with the Rebels. Moser transferred in after spending one season at UCLA.
“I went through the process, talked with my mom, my AAU coach and coach Rice and the staff at UNLV,” Moser said. “We looked at all of my options, and in the end I decided it would be best for me to stay in school. We have a great team coming back and a great fan base. I believe in our program and I love playing in Las Vegas and for UNLV.”
Moser probably would have been a second round pick had he left this season, but with his versatility on both ends of the floor, he has a shot to play his way into the first round of the 2013 draft.
This is big news for UNLV, as the Rebels look like they will have a shot at being very, very good next season.
Moser will be joined up front by junior Carlos Lopez, Pitt transfer Khem Birch and USC transfer Bryce Jones. The back court will consist of Anthony Marshall, Reggie Smith, Justin Hawkins and freshman Katin Reinhardt. That’s a solid core.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)