Apr 1, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Mike Moser has decided to return to UNLV for his junior season.
The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 14.0 ppg and 10.5 rpg in his first season with the Rebels. Moser transferred in after spending one season at UCLA.
“I went through the process, talked with my mom, my AAU coach and coach Rice and the staff at UNLV,” Moser said. “We looked at all of my options, and in the end I decided it would be best for me to stay in school. We have a great team coming back and a great fan base. I believe in our program and I love playing in Las Vegas and for UNLV.”
Moser probably would have been a second round pick had he left this season, but with his versatility on both ends of the floor, he has a shot to play his way into the first round of the 2013 draft.
This is big news for UNLV, as the Rebels look like they will have a shot at being very, very good next season.
Moser will be joined up front by junior Carlos Lopez, Pitt transfer Khem Birch and USC transfer Bryce Jones. The back court will consist of Anthony Marshall, Reggie Smith, Justin Hawkins and freshman Katin Reinhardt. That’s a solid core.
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)