Apr 1, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
Mike Moser has decided to return to UNLV for his junior season.
The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 14.0 ppg and 10.5 rpg in his first season with the Rebels. Moser transferred in after spending one season at UCLA.
“I went through the process, talked with my mom, my AAU coach and coach Rice and the staff at UNLV,” Moser said. “We looked at all of my options, and in the end I decided it would be best for me to stay in school. We have a great team coming back and a great fan base. I believe in our program and I love playing in Las Vegas and for UNLV.”
Moser probably would have been a second round pick had he left this season, but with his versatility on both ends of the floor, he has a shot to play his way into the first round of the 2013 draft.
This is big news for UNLV, as the Rebels look like they will have a shot at being very, very good next season.
Moser will be joined up front by junior Carlos Lopez, Pitt transfer Khem Birch and USC transfer Bryce Jones. The back court will consist of Anthony Marshall, Reggie Smith, Justin Hawkins and freshman Katin Reinhardt. That’s a solid core.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)