Apr 1, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
Mike Moser has decided to return to UNLV for his junior season.
The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 14.0 ppg and 10.5 rpg in his first season with the Rebels. Moser transferred in after spending one season at UCLA.
“I went through the process, talked with my mom, my AAU coach and coach Rice and the staff at UNLV,” Moser said. “We looked at all of my options, and in the end I decided it would be best for me to stay in school. We have a great team coming back and a great fan base. I believe in our program and I love playing in Las Vegas and for UNLV.”
Moser probably would have been a second round pick had he left this season, but with his versatility on both ends of the floor, he has a shot to play his way into the first round of the 2013 draft.
This is big news for UNLV, as the Rebels look like they will have a shot at being very, very good next season.
Moser will be joined up front by junior Carlos Lopez, Pitt transfer Khem Birch and USC transfer Bryce Jones. The back court will consist of Anthony Marshall, Reggie Smith, Justin Hawkins and freshman Katin Reinhardt. That’s a solid core.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)