Apr 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
When the final buzzer sounds tonight, we’ll see some celebration, some dejection, a few handshakes and awkward post-game interviews from guys trying to express how sheer joy feels.
Then, we’ll see “One Shining Moment.” And I’ll happily turn off the TV.
That probably places me in the minority among college basketball fans, but I can’t help it. The traditional capstone to the NCAA tournament features cloying music and lousy highlights. Seriously, how many “dramatic shots do you need? Give me some action!
Glad to see I’m not the only one.
This essay by Jeremy Repanich at The Classical sums up pretty much everything I dislike about “One Shining Moment.”
With any luck, it’ll go viral and something can eventually change. But I’m not optimistic.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
It’s pretty funnyl
Apr 24, 2014, 12:57 AM EDT
According to multiple reports, former Georgetown big Moses Ayegba has decided to transfer to Nebraska.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
According to a report, UConn center Amida Brimah will need to undergo surgery on his left shoulder.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Shaka Smart filled a vacancy on his staff Wednesday, hiring former Vanderbilt assistant David Cason.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Less than a week after making an official visit to the school, it was reported that Malek Harris had committed to Kansas State. But that may not be the case.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Frank Haith announced his coaching staff Wednesday, with the trio combining to have more than 90 seasons of coaching experience.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
UConn and Duke will reportedly play each other just before Christmas in New Jersey.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Former St. John’s commit Darrick Wood verbally committed to attend DePaul on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After playing well in Kentucky’s run to the national title game, Dakari Johnson has decided to return for his sophomore season.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU should have the pieces to be a tournament team in 2014-2015.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Minnesota landed a commitment from a 6-foot-11 three-star recruit.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Adala Moto was a top 150 recruit in the class of 2012.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)