Apr 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
When the final buzzer sounds tonight, we’ll see some celebration, some dejection, a few handshakes and awkward post-game interviews from guys trying to express how sheer joy feels.
Then, we’ll see “One Shining Moment.” And I’ll happily turn off the TV.
That probably places me in the minority among college basketball fans, but I can’t help it. The traditional capstone to the NCAA tournament features cloying music and lousy highlights. Seriously, how many “dramatic shots do you need? Give me some action!
Glad to see I’m not the only one.
This essay by Jeremy Repanich at The Classical sums up pretty much everything I dislike about “One Shining Moment.”
With any luck, it’ll go viral and something can eventually change. But I’m not optimistic.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
May 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Demetrius Henry is the only player of note leaving the program.
May 5, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
J.D. Collins will be the one to replace John Adams.
May 5, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
This should end up being a solid early season tournament.
May 5, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Theo Pinson should be ready to play by next season.
May 4, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Boise State might have found some production in its backcourt to help replace Derrick Marks.
May 4, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Quinn Cook had plenty of ups and downs at Duke and this senior speech caps it all off.
May 4, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
San Diego State landed a top-100 player in the 2016 class on Monday night.
Report: Former Clemson guard Rod Hall has interest from multiple NFL teams; college football also an option
May 4, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Former Clemson point guard Rod Hall has some decisions to make regarding his future in football.
Four-star Class of 2016 guard Frank Jackson will take a mission trip before playing college basketball
May 4, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Class of 2016 guard Frank Jackson is a unique recruit because of a two-year mission he plans on taking after high school.
May 4, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Seton Hall picked up a potential impact guard as a transfer.
May 4, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Anderson was completely off-base in his criticisms.
May 4, 2015, 3:18 PM EDT
It was a Terry Rozier-themed birthday part. Awesome.
May 4, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
Mo Alie-Cox is one of the biggest and strongest players in college basketball.
May 4, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
A quick look at some guys that can be stars in 2015-16.
May 4, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Ryan has set records for his ability to raise money at events like this.
May 4, 2015, 11:27 AM EDT
Curry burst onto the national scene with a huge 2008 NCAA tournament run.
May 4, 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
LeGerald Vick could end up moving into the class of 2015.
May 3, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Maia led the Ivy League in rebounding in each of his three seasons playing at Brown.
May 3, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Notre Dame’s first commitment in the 2016 class is an important one.
May 3, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Aggies are on the board in 2016, and they’ve landed one of the top distributors in the class.
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 7
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (7)