Apr 2, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Keno Davis went from national coach of the year at Drake to the Big East to unemployed. The last part no longer applies.
Davis, 40, was 46-50 in three seasons with the Friars, including a 15-17 mark last season. If he comes close to his only season with Drake (28-5, including a Missouri Valley title), the Chippewas will be a MAC contender.
They were 75-111 in six seasons under Ernie Zeigler.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 2
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)