Apr 2, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
There’s a reason Darius Miller is Kentucky’s steady presence. He’s seen it all.
Monday night will mark the senior’s 152nd career game, breaking the school record for games played held by former point guard Wayne Turner. Yes, the same Wayne Turner who seemingly played in just about every Kentucky game in the 1990s.
“That’s crazy. We were all shocked when we heard that,” sophomore teammate Terrence Jones said regarding Jones’ milestone.
Not that it’s been a smooth ride for Miller.
The 6-7 wing began his time in Lexington during the Billy Gillispie era, which included a rare Kentucky trip to the NIT. But the last three season have included three regular-season SEC titles and two Final Four appearances.
And now he can end it with a title. That’s what one calls the ideal career arc.
“It’s very emotional. We’ve worked extremely hard to get to this point. I feel like we’ve all did a great job throughout the whole year. This is what we’ve been reaching for,” he said. “At the end of this game we have a chance to win a national championship. It’s an opportunity that not most people get. Can’t really explain it in words. You have to experience it.
“For me to be able to experience it with these guys who I’ve grown to be brothers with, it means a lot to me. Especially, in my freshman year, I was in the NIT. It was terrible.”
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)