Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
For all the criticism Terrence Jones has received in his close to two years at Kentucky, you’ve got to tip your cap to him for this act of kindness.
The situation began after he unsuccessfully chased down a loose ball mid-way through the first half of Kentucky’s win over Louisville Saturday night, then went careening into a row of Cardinal cheerleaders, sending one, poor Jerica Logue, back to the locker room blood-covered and crying.
But Jones has promised to make up for it, offering to buy the girl flowers as an apology for the accidental (and painful) contact.
Most players don’t want to get run over by a 6-9, 252-pound man like Jones, so when it is unsolicited and sudden, you can’t help but feel some sympathy for her.
Don’t feel pity for her, though. Judging by reports, she’s as resilient as they come. Cardinals’ cheerleading coach Todd Sharp told Yahoo that Logue received stitches before returning to the floor to cheer the rest of the game.
I can’t say I would have done the same. During the Big East tournament, Villanova’s 6-7, 260-pound forward JayVaughn Pinkston came flying into press row and I was about to call it a night, just for safety’s sake.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)