Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
For all the criticism Terrence Jones has received in his close to two years at Kentucky, you’ve got to tip your cap to him for this act of kindness.
The situation began after he unsuccessfully chased down a loose ball mid-way through the first half of Kentucky’s win over Louisville Saturday night, then went careening into a row of Cardinal cheerleaders, sending one, poor Jerica Logue, back to the locker room blood-covered and crying.
But Jones has promised to make up for it, offering to buy the girl flowers as an apology for the accidental (and painful) contact.
Most players don’t want to get run over by a 6-9, 252-pound man like Jones, so when it is unsolicited and sudden, you can’t help but feel some sympathy for her.
Don’t feel pity for her, though. Judging by reports, she’s as resilient as they come. Cardinals’ cheerleading coach Todd Sharp told Yahoo that Logue received stitches before returning to the floor to cheer the rest of the game.
I can’t say I would have done the same. During the Big East tournament, Villanova’s 6-7, 260-pound forward JayVaughn Pinkston came flying into press row and I was about to call it a night, just for safety’s sake.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)