Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
For all the criticism Terrence Jones has received in his close to two years at Kentucky, you’ve got to tip your cap to him for this act of kindness.
The situation began after he unsuccessfully chased down a loose ball mid-way through the first half of Kentucky’s win over Louisville Saturday night, then went careening into a row of Cardinal cheerleaders, sending one, poor Jerica Logue, back to the locker room blood-covered and crying.
But Jones has promised to make up for it, offering to buy the girl flowers as an apology for the accidental (and painful) contact.
Most players don’t want to get run over by a 6-9, 252-pound man like Jones, so when it is unsolicited and sudden, you can’t help but feel some sympathy for her.
Don’t feel pity for her, though. Judging by reports, she’s as resilient as they come. Cardinals’ cheerleading coach Todd Sharp told Yahoo that Logue received stitches before returning to the floor to cheer the rest of the game.
I can’t say I would have done the same. During the Big East tournament, Villanova’s 6-7, 260-pound forward JayVaughn Pinkston came flying into press row and I was about to call it a night, just for safety’s sake.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)