Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
For all the criticism Terrence Jones has received in his close to two years at Kentucky, you’ve got to tip your cap to him for this act of kindness.
The situation began after he unsuccessfully chased down a loose ball mid-way through the first half of Kentucky’s win over Louisville Saturday night, then went careening into a row of Cardinal cheerleaders, sending one, poor Jerica Logue, back to the locker room blood-covered and crying.
But Jones has promised to make up for it, offering to buy the girl flowers as an apology for the accidental (and painful) contact.
Most players don’t want to get run over by a 6-9, 252-pound man like Jones, so when it is unsolicited and sudden, you can’t help but feel some sympathy for her.
Don’t feel pity for her, though. Judging by reports, she’s as resilient as they come. Cardinals’ cheerleading coach Todd Sharp told Yahoo that Logue received stitches before returning to the floor to cheer the rest of the game.
I can’t say I would have done the same. During the Big East tournament, Villanova’s 6-7, 260-pound forward JayVaughn Pinkston came flying into press row and I was about to call it a night, just for safety’s sake.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)