Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
For all the criticism Terrence Jones has received in his close to two years at Kentucky, you’ve got to tip your cap to him for this act of kindness.
The situation began after he unsuccessfully chased down a loose ball mid-way through the first half of Kentucky’s win over Louisville Saturday night, then went careening into a row of Cardinal cheerleaders, sending one, poor Jerica Logue, back to the locker room blood-covered and crying.
But Jones has promised to make up for it, offering to buy the girl flowers as an apology for the accidental (and painful) contact.
Most players don’t want to get run over by a 6-9, 252-pound man like Jones, so when it is unsolicited and sudden, you can’t help but feel some sympathy for her.
Don’t feel pity for her, though. Judging by reports, she’s as resilient as they come. Cardinals’ cheerleading coach Todd Sharp told Yahoo that Logue received stitches before returning to the floor to cheer the rest of the game.
I can’t say I would have done the same. During the Big East tournament, Villanova’s 6-7, 260-pound forward JayVaughn Pinkston came flying into press row and I was about to call it a night, just for safety’s sake.
I’m kidding. Sort of.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)