Apr 3, 2012, 8:28 AM EDT
If you were looking for a Photo of the Day late last night, sorry to keep you waiting. Had other stuff in the works and the post got pushed back.
Besides, we already produce a slideshow that features the best photos of all 67 NCAA tournament games. Last night’s game alone has 25. (Not to mention the best from the previous rounds.)
But here are two that sum up Kentucky’s 67-59 victory quite nicely. The first is Terrence Jones rejecting a shot from Tyshawn Taylor. Nothing came easy for the Jayhawks, even when it wasn’t Anthony Davis defending them.
(Photo credit: Bill Haber/AP)
Then there’s the aftermath. Kansas’ Thomas Robinson was the season’s only unanimous All-American selection, but couldn’t get anything going against Kentucky. He finished with 18 points and 17 rebounds, but missed 11 of 17 shots, mostly because the Wildcats had such a good frontline.
This is what happens when your All-American can’t deliver a win. Here’s how he feels.
(Photo credit: Jeff Haynes/Reuters).
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games