Apr 5, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
It may have been a winding road, but it looks like that road has come to its final destination.
According to Evan Daniels of Scout.com, Chipola Junior College (Fl.) guard Chris Thomas has committed to play for Chris Mack at Xavier.
Thomas, originally from Colorado, has at one point or another showcased his talents in Arizona, Maryland, and Connecticut, before his most recent stop in Florida.
Thomas is formerly a five-star recruit and has been heralded as a high-major scorer. At 6-5, 190 pounds, he is a good size for a college shooting guard. The word on Thomas has always centered around “potential” and whether he can bring all the pieces of his game together and become a complete and motivated college player.
He had been drawing interest from schools that include Arizona, Kansas, Memphis, and Colorado, before committing to Xavier.
Questions had been raised about his eligibility in the past, and he will have to work with new NCAA legislation that requires players transferring in from junior college to maintain a GPA of at least 2.5.
Many pieces have been written recently about the increase in prep players transferring, sometimes making as many stops as a player like Thomas. In other cases, there has been a correlation between multiple high schools and an increased decommitment and transfer rate in college.
Thomas was a member of the Class of 2012, before reclassifying to the Class of 2013.
As of now, Xavier is adding four player from the Class of 2012 and Thomas is the first for Mack from 2013.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 0
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 0
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 0
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 11
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel