Apr 7, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
A police report obtained through an open records request by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reveals more details than what was originally released in a partial report March 20 about an altercation that allegedly involved members of the Marquette basketball team.
In the original report, there was no mention of a fight allegedly involving the players, but new information shows that there were at least two large fights at Apartment 720, a club in Milwaukee, which caused 11 squad cars to be called to the scene. The report does not show exactly which fight could have involved the players.
“During the ensuing investigation, the staff stated that approximately 30 individuals from a party at the location had engaged [in] physical altercations with members of the Marquette University basketball team. There were no complaints of battery made by any of the individuals who remained on scene,” the new report read.
Among those who the report names as being involved in the altercation are Todd Mayo, Vander Blue, Jamail Jones, Derrick Wilson, and Jake Thomas, all guards, along with forward Juan Anderson.
All six athletes were under the age of 21, which drew tickets for being underage in a club where alcohol is served. Those tickets were issued March 12.
“We referred the players involved to the university’s student conduct system, as would be the case for any Marquette student. Individuals were disciplined as appropriate for a violation of team and departmental rules,” said Marquette spokesman Brian Dorrington.
Marquette’s season came to an end on March 22, when the Golden Eagles lost to Florida, 68-58, in the Sweet 16 in Phoenix.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?