Apr 7, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
After some speculation, reports are that it is a done deal: LSU coach Trent Johnson is set to become the next head coach at TCU.
Johnson, who accumulated a 67-64 overall record in four seasons with the Tigers, is set to be announced Monday as the next head man in Fort Worth, replacing outgoing coach Jim Christian, who is leaving to fill the vacancy at Ohio University.
Wrap your head around this, for a moment:
Johnson takes Christian’s spot, as he is filling the void at Ohio left by John Groce, who took over at Illinois, filling the void left by the firing of Bruce Weber, who is now at Kansas State, after Frank Martin left for South Carolina, after coach Darrin Horn was fired at USC.
That’s why they call it the coaching carousel, right? Blame it on South Carolina for starting the chain reaction.
Back to Johnson, though, who previously coached at Stanford and Nevada, before coming to LSU.
He has five career NCAA tournament appearances, including Sweet 16 runs with Nevada in 2003-04 and Stanford in 2007-08. That Stanford team finished 28-8 on the season.
TCU has had an interesting role in conference realignment lately, as the Horned Frogs were set to become members of the Big East, before staying closer to home and moving to the Big 12.
Under Christian last season, TCU finished with an 18-15 record, including 7-7 in the Mountain West, before losing to Oregon State in the Quarterfinals of the CBI tournament.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)