Apr 7, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Iona has found their point guard of the future.
Tavon Sledge, who just completed his freshman season at Iowa State, has decided to transfer to Iona. He’ll be forced to sit out next season per transfer rules, but will become eligible in time to replace Momo Jones at the lead guard spot.
“[Iona] gave me a vision of a place where I could improve my game a lot more and help me succeed,” Sledge told SNY.tv. “They told me I’m going to be a starter. I’ll have the opportunity to run the team and be the facilitator on the floor and help the team win.”
Sledge should thrive at Iona. As we saw this season with Scott Machado, Tim Cluess runs a system that allows talented lead guards to thrive, and that is precisely the system the high-scoring Sledge needs.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)