Apr 7, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Iona has found their point guard of the future.
Tavon Sledge, who just completed his freshman season at Iowa State, has decided to transfer to Iona. He’ll be forced to sit out next season per transfer rules, but will become eligible in time to replace Momo Jones at the lead guard spot.
“[Iona] gave me a vision of a place where I could improve my game a lot more and help me succeed,” Sledge told SNY.tv. “They told me I’m going to be a starter. I’ll have the opportunity to run the team and be the facilitator on the floor and help the team win.”
Sledge should thrive at Iona. As we saw this season with Scott Machado, Tim Cluess runs a system that allows talented lead guards to thrive, and that is precisely the system the high-scoring Sledge needs.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1