Apr 8, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Baylor junior point guard Pierre Jackson tweeted on Sunday afternoon that he will be returning to Waco for his senior season.
Clearly the return of the Second Team All-Big 12 (also a unanimous selection to the All-Rookie Team) guard is a big boost for Scott Drew’s program, which still awaits word from forwards Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller.
What happens with those two remains to be seen but with the addition of Isaiah Austin and Ricardo Gathers, and J’Mison Morgan coming off of a redshirt season Baylor won’t lack for bodies in the front court.
Jackson’s (13.8 ppg, 5.9 apg in 2011-12) return means that the Bears will be loaded on the perimeter, with Gary Franklin, Brady Heslip and A.J. Walton returning as well.
Add in freshman L.J. Rose and Baylor will have the talent needed to once again contend in the Big 12.
Whether or not they can contend for a national title likely depends on what they hear from their two young forwards, however.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?