Apr 8, 2012, 10:19 AM EST
Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad may be the two most talked-about names left on the college basketball recruiting board, but Anthony Bennett of Findlay Prep (Nev.) shouldn’t be far behind.
At Saturday night’s Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Ore., Bennett scored seven points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help the World Select Team to an 84-75 win over Team USA.
Bennett is still considering five schools, UNLV, Kentucky, Washington, Oregon, and Florida, and will not make a decision until early May, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
“Yeah, it is tough [making a decision],” Bennett told Zagoria on Saturday. “That’s why I haven’t made my decison yet, but hopefully after I take all my visits it won’t be so hard.”
Each school has a unique draw, Kentucky as the reigning national champions, UNLV as a local school, and Florida with coach Billy Donovan.
Dominic Artis, Findlay Prep point guard and teammate of Bennett, is committed to Oregon. Bennett is slated to visit Washington, as well, Zagoria notes.
The 6-8, 230-pound native of Canada is a powerful player with a lot of potential locked within his muscular frame.
His Findlay Prep team won their third national title in four seasons on March 31, erasing an 18-point deficit in the second half to defeat Montverde, 86-83.
Montverde coach Kevin Boyle also coached Team USA, who the World Team defeated Saturday night.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)