Apr 8, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad may be the two most talked-about names left on the college basketball recruiting board, but Anthony Bennett of Findlay Prep (Nev.) shouldn’t be far behind.
At Saturday night’s Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Ore., Bennett scored seven points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help the World Select Team to an 84-75 win over Team USA.
Bennett is still considering five schools, UNLV, Kentucky, Washington, Oregon, and Florida, and will not make a decision until early May, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
“Yeah, it is tough [making a decision],” Bennett told Zagoria on Saturday. “That’s why I haven’t made my decison yet, but hopefully after I take all my visits it won’t be so hard.”
Each school has a unique draw, Kentucky as the reigning national champions, UNLV as a local school, and Florida with coach Billy Donovan.
Dominic Artis, Findlay Prep point guard and teammate of Bennett, is committed to Oregon. Bennett is slated to visit Washington, as well, Zagoria notes.
The 6-8, 230-pound native of Canada is a powerful player with a lot of potential locked within his muscular frame.
His Findlay Prep team won their third national title in four seasons on March 31, erasing an 18-point deficit in the second half to defeat Montverde, 86-83.
Montverde coach Kevin Boyle also coached Team USA, who the World Team defeated Saturday night.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead