Apr 8, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Mississippi State freshman guard Rodney Hood has decided to transfer.
In 32 games this season the freshman from Meridian, Mississippi averaged 10.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game for the Bulldogs, who plummeted at the end of the season.
Mississippi State dropped six of their last eight games to close out the season, going from a team ranked in the Top 25 to the Postseason NIT.
Massachusetts ended their season with a 101-96 win in Starkville in the first round of the Postseason NIT, and shortly thereafter head coach Rick Stansbury relieved of his duties.
With Hood being the fifth starter lost from last season’s team first-year head coach Rick Ray won’t have much to work with when it comes to key returnees.
Of the six players who started 16 games or more in 2011-12 only Jalen Steele is due to return, and given the mass exodus out of Starkville who knows if he sticks around at this point.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain