Apr 10, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
The reports have been out there for the better part of a week, but it is now official: Gil Biruta will be transferring to Rhode Island.
The most interesting part of this decision is that Biruta will be rejoining his old high school coach Danny Hurley, who took the Rhode Island job back in March. Biruta averaged 9.7 points and 5.3 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights last season.
Biruta is the second player that Hurley has added since he took over the URI gig. Last week, he got 6-foot-9 forward Jordan Hare to recommit. Hare originally pledged to URI when Jim Baron was the head coach.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming