Apr 10, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Duke’s not conceding the 2013 ACC title to N.C. State just yet. Not with forward Mason Plumlee returning for his senior season.
The 6-10 forward had been weighing a jump to the NBA – he’s projected as a first-round pick – but he discussed his options with Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski and decided another year would be best, according to CBSSports.com.
An official announcement is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Plumlee averaged 11.2 points and 9.2 rebounds last season and was the Devils’ most consistent frontcourt player the last two seasons. Still, given his obvious talent and size, there have been large expectations for him that he has yet to meet.
Maybe another season will be the one where he finally delivers an All-American season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)