Apr 10, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Duke’s not conceding the 2013 ACC title to N.C. State just yet. Not with forward Mason Plumlee returning for his senior season.
The 6-10 forward had been weighing a jump to the NBA – he’s projected as a first-round pick – but he discussed his options with Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski and decided another year would be best, according to CBSSports.com.
An official announcement is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Plumlee averaged 11.2 points and 9.2 rebounds last season and was the Devils’ most consistent frontcourt player the last two seasons. Still, given his obvious talent and size, there have been large expectations for him that he has yet to meet.
Maybe another season will be the one where he finally delivers an All-American season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)