Apr 10, 2012, 1:14 PM EST
Duke’s not conceding the 2013 ACC title to N.C. State just yet. Not with forward Mason Plumlee returning for his senior season.
The 6-10 forward had been weighing a jump to the NBA – he’s projected as a first-round pick – but he discussed his options with Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski and decided another year would be best, according to CBSSports.com.
An official announcement is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Plumlee averaged 11.2 points and 9.2 rebounds last season and was the Devils’ most consistent frontcourt player the last two seasons. Still, given his obvious talent and size, there have been large expectations for him that he has yet to meet.
Maybe another season will be the one where he finally delivers an All-American season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)