Apr 10, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Duke’s not conceding the 2013 ACC title to N.C. State just yet. Not with forward Mason Plumlee returning for his senior season.
The 6-10 forward had been weighing a jump to the NBA – he’s projected as a first-round pick – but he discussed his options with Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski and decided another year would be best, according to CBSSports.com.
An official announcement is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Plumlee averaged 11.2 points and 9.2 rebounds last season and was the Devils’ most consistent frontcourt player the last two seasons. Still, given his obvious talent and size, there have been large expectations for him that he has yet to meet.
Maybe another season will be the one where he finally delivers an All-American season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)