Apr 10, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Duke’s not conceding the 2013 ACC title to N.C. State just yet. Not with forward Mason Plumlee returning for his senior season.
The 6-10 forward had been weighing a jump to the NBA – he’s projected as a first-round pick – but he discussed his options with Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski and decided another year would be best, according to CBSSports.com.
An official announcement is expected Tuesday afternoon.
Plumlee averaged 11.2 points and 9.2 rebounds last season and was the Devils’ most consistent frontcourt player the last two seasons. Still, given his obvious talent and size, there have been large expectations for him that he has yet to meet.
Maybe another season will be the one where he finally delivers an All-American season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)