Apr 11, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
John Calipari should be expecting a crop of young talent to depart his Kentucky program, following the Wildcats’ national title victory this season, but one guy who will stick around found some time to revel in the championship.
Freshman Kyle Wiltjer stars in a rap video, released April 8, that puts a cherry on top of Kentucky’s run through the NCAA tournament.
“If you lookin’ for us/We’ll be back in Lex[ington]/Chillin’ with the fellas/Gettin’ congratulations texts,” the rap begins. “You thought we’re beginners/Now we’re Final Four winners.”
The video includes shots of the Kentucky locker room, along with some priceless shots of Wiltjer dancing, which do something that is sometimes hard to come by in college athletics: it reminds us that these are 18-year-old kids, out having fun just like any other kid in the country.
Take a look below:
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings