Apr 11, 2012, 8:47 PM EST
Did we really expect this to play out any other way?
Nerlens Noel, the nation’s No. 1 recruit, has officially committed to Kentucky, showing off a UK shaved into the back of his trademark flat-top haircut. Noel’s commitment will keep the peace in Lexington after the Wildcats missed out on Shabazz Muhammad. He picked Kentucky over Georgetown and Syracuse.
“I just thought it was the best fit for me personally,” Noel said. “My mom liked all three of the schools, but when it came down to it, she liked Kentucky. She met Coach Orlando and Coach Calipari, and they just had a great idea, just watching them play on TV and what they did with Anthony Davis. She thought it was the best fit for me, and I did too.”
With the only thing keeping Anthony Davis from the NBA Draft being the official announcement, the 6-foot-11 Noel should slide in perfectly where Davis left off. Noel is a natural shot-blocker and a force to be reckoned with around the basket.
With Noel joining Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley — and, in all likelihood, at least one more highly-regarded recruit or transfer — Kentucky shouldn’t fall too far off of last year’s national championship pace.
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)