Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Andy Katz of ESPN is reporting that Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is set to become the next head coach at Colorado State.
[Updated 11 April 2012, 2:48p.m. Original Article Below]
“It was done and somebody vetoed it,” a source told CBS. “Now Ernie is out.”
According to that same report, Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is now the leading candidate to fill the vacant position at Colorado State.
And so the search for Tim Miles’ replacement continues. Miles left the Rams in March to replace Doc Sadler at Nebraska.
Under Miles in 2011-12, Colorado State went 20-12 and reached the NCAA tournament, losing to Murray State in the Round of 64.
Eustachy also led his Southern Miss team to the NCAA tournament, losing to Kansas State in that same Round of 64.
Prior to that match-up, he famously told the media that he didn’t know who Syracuse center Fab Melo was, days after the Brazil native was ruled academically ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The Golden Eagles finished with a record of 25-9, including 11-5 in Conference-USA.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)