Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Andy Katz of ESPN is reporting that Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is set to become the next head coach at Colorado State.
[Updated 11 April 2012, 2:48p.m. Original Article Below]
“It was done and somebody vetoed it,” a source told CBS. “Now Ernie is out.”
According to that same report, Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is now the leading candidate to fill the vacant position at Colorado State.
And so the search for Tim Miles’ replacement continues. Miles left the Rams in March to replace Doc Sadler at Nebraska.
Under Miles in 2011-12, Colorado State went 20-12 and reached the NCAA tournament, losing to Murray State in the Round of 64.
Eustachy also led his Southern Miss team to the NCAA tournament, losing to Kansas State in that same Round of 64.
Prior to that match-up, he famously told the media that he didn’t know who Syracuse center Fab Melo was, days after the Brazil native was ruled academically ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The Golden Eagles finished with a record of 25-9, including 11-5 in Conference-USA.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)