Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Andy Katz of ESPN is reporting that Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is set to become the next head coach at Colorado State.
[Updated 11 April 2012, 2:48p.m. Original Article Below]
“It was done and somebody vetoed it,” a source told CBS. “Now Ernie is out.”
According to that same report, Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is now the leading candidate to fill the vacant position at Colorado State.
And so the search for Tim Miles’ replacement continues. Miles left the Rams in March to replace Doc Sadler at Nebraska.
Under Miles in 2011-12, Colorado State went 20-12 and reached the NCAA tournament, losing to Murray State in the Round of 64.
Eustachy also led his Southern Miss team to the NCAA tournament, losing to Kansas State in that same Round of 64.
Prior to that match-up, he famously told the media that he didn’t know who Syracuse center Fab Melo was, days after the Brazil native was ruled academically ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The Golden Eagles finished with a record of 25-9, including 11-5 in Conference-USA.
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 4
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)