Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Andy Katz of ESPN is reporting that Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is set to become the next head coach at Colorado State.
[Updated 11 April 2012, 2:48p.m. Original Article Below]
“It was done and somebody vetoed it,” a source told CBS. “Now Ernie is out.”
According to that same report, Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is now the leading candidate to fill the vacant position at Colorado State.
And so the search for Tim Miles’ replacement continues. Miles left the Rams in March to replace Doc Sadler at Nebraska.
Under Miles in 2011-12, Colorado State went 20-12 and reached the NCAA tournament, losing to Murray State in the Round of 64.
Eustachy also led his Southern Miss team to the NCAA tournament, losing to Kansas State in that same Round of 64.
Prior to that match-up, he famously told the media that he didn’t know who Syracuse center Fab Melo was, days after the Brazil native was ruled academically ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The Golden Eagles finished with a record of 25-9, including 11-5 in Conference-USA.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)