Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 PM EDT
Andy Katz of ESPN is reporting that Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is set to become the next head coach at Colorado State.
[Updated 11 April 2012, 2:48p.m. Original Article Below]
“It was done and somebody vetoed it,” a source told CBS. “Now Ernie is out.”
According to that same report, Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy is now the leading candidate to fill the vacant position at Colorado State.
And so the search for Tim Miles’ replacement continues. Miles left the Rams in March to replace Doc Sadler at Nebraska.
Under Miles in 2011-12, Colorado State went 20-12 and reached the NCAA tournament, losing to Murray State in the Round of 64.
Eustachy also led his Southern Miss team to the NCAA tournament, losing to Kansas State in that same Round of 64.
Prior to that match-up, he famously told the media that he didn’t know who Syracuse center Fab Melo was, days after the Brazil native was ruled academically ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The Golden Eagles finished with a record of 25-9, including 11-5 in Conference-USA.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)