Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Today is the biggest college hoops day of the non-college hoops season.
Why you ask?
Because Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad, the two best undecided recruits in this year’s class, will announce their college decisions. Within the next 24 hours, severs will shut down, message boards will explode, “fighting words” will be exchanged and thousands of grown men and women will weep uncontrollable because a high school kid decided not to attend their Alma mater.
- Eric Bossi breaks down the top ten commitments to watch for during the spring signing period
- The new NBA draft deadline, as useful as the verbal commitment or preseason poll
- Greg Shaheen is out as the NCAA’s Executive Vice President of Championships and Alliances. If you know anybody in the media or coaching world, ask them what they think about this move. They aren’t happy. Shaheen was as well-respected as they come. More great stuff on Shaheen
- Jeff Goodman’s extensive transfer list for 2012-2013 continues to grow. This is the only transfer list you need to use
- Kellon Hassentab details which schools are vying for the top spot on the recruiting scoreboard
- UConn’s Jeremy Lamb has decided to leave school and enter the NBA draft. I guess he doesn’t mind that his final college field goal attempt was a missed windmill dunk at the buzzer of a blowout loss to Iowa State. His teammate Andre Drummond still has not decided and will not make a decision until the last possible day
- Baylor freshman Quincy Miller has decided to return to Waco for his sophomore season
- Duke forward Mason Plumlee has decided against entering the draft and will return to school for his senior year. He showed much improvement in his offensive game this season, and will look to be one of the Blue Devil’s key low-post threats next season
- Texas’ back-up guard Sterling Gibbs (brother of Pittsburgh’s Ashton) has decided to transfer after one season in Austin
- Reserve forward Karam Mashour is leaving the UNLV program in search of more playing time
- Arizona bolstered their backcourt with the addition of Duquesne-transfer T.J. McConnell, one of the most underrated guards in the country
- SMU has seemingly gone after any and every head coach they can get in contact with. Next on their list is Saint Louis head coach Rick majerus, according to Jeff Goodman
- New Mexico State head coach Marvin Menzies won’t be the next head coach at Colorado State. For now he will remain at NMSU, but there are still a handful of openings that might become available to him. Gary Parrish is reporting the former-Oregon head coach Ernie Kent is close to getting the head coaching job at Colorado State. But Rich Kurtzman also reported that New Mexico assistant coach Craig Neal would be named the new head coach
- Duquesne has finally found their new head basketball in LIU-Brooklyn’s Jim Ferry. He led the Blackbirds to back-to-back NEC titles, and employs one of the most high-octane styles of play in the country. The school has promoted assistant coach Jack Perri to replace Ferry has head coach
- Ever since Kentucky cut down the nets in New Orleans, posts and articles have poured in proclaiming that it was a terrible thing for college hoops, and that the one-and-done is ruining the sport. Glen Logan provides a fantastic-read on why that’s just not true
- NBA Draft Blog fills us in on what players to watch for at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
- There is a reason why John Calipari didn’t recruit any four or five-star point guards for next year’s class. That reason? North Carolina State-transfer Ryan Harrow. He will be eligible to play next season and will be an instant impact
- The discussion continues to pick up on whether not Central Michigan-transfer Trey Zeigler will be able to play immediately next season at Pittsburgh
- Another interesting discussion: Is the Indiana-Kentucky series in jeopardy? It can’t be, right? Not after what went down this season
- According to Hustle Belt, Keno Davis is the most-followed person in the MAC. Gotta love off-season statistics
- Life-long Michigan fans are being priced out of their seats at the new Chrysler Center
- A great-read on what Boston U. has to do to become “The Gonzaga of the East”
- MSU big-man Derrick Nix was busted for marijuana possession a couple of weeks ago. Turns out he was busted while driving a brand new 2011 Dodge Charger. Where does a college kid, albeit one on scholarship, get a brand new Dodge Charger?
- Not exactly sure what ”The Gator Grind” is, but they put together an awesome music video/promo video about Florida student athletes, and it features Patric Young
- From here on out, all logo changes need to be accompanied by awesome promo videos like the one the Houston Cougars put together
- If Syracuse was 100% organic New Zealand cheddar cheese, and Nerlens Noel was a black lab named Billy, they would spend the next year together, or well, the next 5-8 hours of digestion together. Something like that. Just watch the video.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
A recap of Friday night’s action, including Harvard wrapping up the Ivy League crown
Mar 7, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Siyani Chambers and company played much better in the rematch, beating Yale to earn a third consecutive NCAA tournament berth.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Meet Harvard, the first team to wrap up a spot in the 2014 NCAA tournament.
Mar 7, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Harvard looks to wrap up its third consecutive trip to the NCAA tournament.
Mar 7, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
South Carolina head coach Frank Martin met with the media to address the actions that led to his one-game suspension
Mar 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
UCSB issues a statement regarding Thursday’s incident in which a fan confronted Hawaii head coach Gib Arnold on the court
Mar 7, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
No. 2 Wichita State moves to 32-0, with their big men performing well in their “Arch Madness” opener.
2014 Summit League Tournament Preview: North Dakota State looks to avenge last year’s title-game loss
Mar 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
North Dakota State is looking to avenge last season’s Summit League title game loss by winning the 2014 Summit League Conference Tournament after winning the regular season crown.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Winthrop’s Andre Smith provides the latest buzzer-beater, knocking off Big South regular season champ High Point.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Longtime Syracuse fan receives a special present eight days prior to her 100th birthday
Mar 7, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
A look at the 2009 Big East quarterfinal between UConn and Syracuse, nearly five years after the game was played.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
It’s no longer a league dominated by Vermont, Albany and Boston U. Perhaps this bodes well for Steve Pikiell’s squad.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Five conference tournaments in action, and Harvard looks to punch its ticket to the Big Dance.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:21 AM EST
Going to be a busy week for all the bubble teams, too.
Mar 7, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Duke vs. North Carolina highlights a spate of ranked matchups, not to mention teams will start snagging tickets to the Big dance as well.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:54 AM EST
Wildcats stay in contention for a No. 1 seed in NCAA tournament, while a Southland shootout takes game of night honors.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:13 AM EST
Hawkeyes sure didn’t mind conceding open looks on Thursday.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
There are 11 days left until Selection Sunday. Every morning from now until the bracket comes out, we’ll help you get caught up on the happenings with impact on the bubble from the night before.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
Loyola-Illinois got the hang of the MVC tournament in a hurry.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)