Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Today is the biggest college hoops day of the non-college hoops season.
Why you ask?
Because Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad, the two best undecided recruits in this year’s class, will announce their college decisions. Within the next 24 hours, severs will shut down, message boards will explode, “fighting words” will be exchanged and thousands of grown men and women will weep uncontrollable because a high school kid decided not to attend their Alma mater.
- Eric Bossi breaks down the top ten commitments to watch for during the spring signing period
- The new NBA draft deadline, as useful as the verbal commitment or preseason poll
- Greg Shaheen is out as the NCAA’s Executive Vice President of Championships and Alliances. If you know anybody in the media or coaching world, ask them what they think about this move. They aren’t happy. Shaheen was as well-respected as they come. More great stuff on Shaheen
- Jeff Goodman’s extensive transfer list for 2012-2013 continues to grow. This is the only transfer list you need to use
- Kellon Hassentab details which schools are vying for the top spot on the recruiting scoreboard
- UConn’s Jeremy Lamb has decided to leave school and enter the NBA draft. I guess he doesn’t mind that his final college field goal attempt was a missed windmill dunk at the buzzer of a blowout loss to Iowa State. His teammate Andre Drummond still has not decided and will not make a decision until the last possible day
- Baylor freshman Quincy Miller has decided to return to Waco for his sophomore season
- Duke forward Mason Plumlee has decided against entering the draft and will return to school for his senior year. He showed much improvement in his offensive game this season, and will look to be one of the Blue Devil’s key low-post threats next season
- Texas’ back-up guard Sterling Gibbs (brother of Pittsburgh’s Ashton) has decided to transfer after one season in Austin
- Reserve forward Karam Mashour is leaving the UNLV program in search of more playing time
- Arizona bolstered their backcourt with the addition of Duquesne-transfer T.J. McConnell, one of the most underrated guards in the country
- SMU has seemingly gone after any and every head coach they can get in contact with. Next on their list is Saint Louis head coach Rick majerus, according to Jeff Goodman
- New Mexico State head coach Marvin Menzies won’t be the next head coach at Colorado State. For now he will remain at NMSU, but there are still a handful of openings that might become available to him. Gary Parrish is reporting the former-Oregon head coach Ernie Kent is close to getting the head coaching job at Colorado State. But Rich Kurtzman also reported that New Mexico assistant coach Craig Neal would be named the new head coach
- Duquesne has finally found their new head basketball in LIU-Brooklyn’s Jim Ferry. He led the Blackbirds to back-to-back NEC titles, and employs one of the most high-octane styles of play in the country. The school has promoted assistant coach Jack Perri to replace Ferry has head coach
- Ever since Kentucky cut down the nets in New Orleans, posts and articles have poured in proclaiming that it was a terrible thing for college hoops, and that the one-and-done is ruining the sport. Glen Logan provides a fantastic-read on why that’s just not true
- NBA Draft Blog fills us in on what players to watch for at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
- There is a reason why John Calipari didn’t recruit any four or five-star point guards for next year’s class. That reason? North Carolina State-transfer Ryan Harrow. He will be eligible to play next season and will be an instant impact
- The discussion continues to pick up on whether not Central Michigan-transfer Trey Zeigler will be able to play immediately next season at Pittsburgh
- Another interesting discussion: Is the Indiana-Kentucky series in jeopardy? It can’t be, right? Not after what went down this season
- According to Hustle Belt, Keno Davis is the most-followed person in the MAC. Gotta love off-season statistics
- Life-long Michigan fans are being priced out of their seats at the new Chrysler Center
- A great-read on what Boston U. has to do to become “The Gonzaga of the East”
- MSU big-man Derrick Nix was busted for marijuana possession a couple of weeks ago. Turns out he was busted while driving a brand new 2011 Dodge Charger. Where does a college kid, albeit one on scholarship, get a brand new Dodge Charger?
- Not exactly sure what “The Gator Grind” is, but they put together an awesome music video/promo video about Florida student athletes, and it features Patric Young
- From here on out, all logo changes need to be accompanied by awesome promo videos like the one the Houston Cougars put together
- If Syracuse was 100% organic New Zealand cheddar cheese, and Nerlens Noel was a black lab named Billy, they would spend the next year together, or well, the next 5-8 hours of digestion together. Something like that. Just watch the video.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Loyd is converting from point guard to wide receiver.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Bulls announced the fifth departure this spring.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is the most searched athlete in two states, according to a recent study.
Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Ron Hunter is loading up on talented transfers
Apr 22, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Auburn will accept the punishment that has been given to Pearl by the NCAA.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Kentucky is still waiting for a decision from four players.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius is the younger brother of former Illini guard Brandon Paul.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
The ACC schedule is what happens when leagues get too big.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Ivan Rabb is the best big man in a loaded class of bigs, according to Rivals.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
K.J. McDaniels might win an NBA dunk contest one day.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Cauley-Stein will be out for a couple of months.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Indiana assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Kenny Johnson is moving on to Louisville.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Tennessee found its man on Monday night as the Vols hired Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall.
Apr 21, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
LSU freshman forward Jordan Mickey is still deciding whether or not to enter the 2014 NBA Draft.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
Duke landed an impact transfer on Monday with Rice big man Sean Obi.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)