Apr 13, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
At this year’s Jordan Classic — which is, after all, named for His Airness — a group of prospects decided to sing the commercial jingle “Like Mike” in honor of the greatest basketball player of all time. Everyone, from Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA) to Nerlens Noel (Kentucky), took a turn slaying eardrums.
One recruit, in particular, was reluctant to join in.
Duke commit Rasheed Sulaimon decided it was a no-go, saying “Mike, you’re still my man, but the Duke/UNC rivalry is just too big.” Austin Rivers was similarly disinclined to invite scorn from his teammates and fans last year.
Who does Rasheed want to emulate, then? He name-checked Rivers, Jason Williams and, of course, Coach K.
Smart kid. There’s something to be said for knowing which side of Tobacco Road your bread is buttered on.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)