Apr 14, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that South Florida sophomore forward Victor Rudd was arrested Friday night in Temple Terrace, Fla., on charges of driving without a valid license.
Details are still emerging, but reports say that jail records show Rudd was pulled over around 10 p.m. and released Saturday morning on $250 bond. The university declined to comment.
Rudd averaged 8.7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for a USF team that went 22-14, including 12-6 in the Big East, before losing to Ohio in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament.
He is a native of Los Angeles, Calif., and attended Findley Prep (Nev.).
More information will be added as it becomes available.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)