Apr 14, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that South Florida sophomore forward Victor Rudd was arrested Friday night in Temple Terrace, Fla., on charges of driving without a valid license.
Details are still emerging, but reports say that jail records show Rudd was pulled over around 10 p.m. and released Saturday morning on $250 bond. The university declined to comment.
Rudd averaged 8.7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for a USF team that went 22-14, including 12-6 in the Big East, before losing to Ohio in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament.
He is a native of Los Angeles, Calif., and attended Findley Prep (Nev.).
More information will be added as it becomes available.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)