Apr 14, 2012, 2:11 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that South Florida sophomore forward Victor Rudd was arrested Friday night in Temple Terrace, Fla., on charges of driving without a valid license.
Details are still emerging, but reports say that jail records show Rudd was pulled over around 10 p.m. and released Saturday morning on $250 bond. The university declined to comment.
Rudd averaged 8.7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for a USF team that went 22-14, including 12-6 in the Big East, before losing to Ohio in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament.
He is a native of Los Angeles, Calif., and attended Findley Prep (Nev.).
More information will be added as it becomes available.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)