Apr 14, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that South Florida sophomore forward Victor Rudd was arrested Friday night in Temple Terrace, Fla., on charges of driving without a valid license.
Details are still emerging, but reports say that jail records show Rudd was pulled over around 10 p.m. and released Saturday morning on $250 bond. The university declined to comment.
Rudd averaged 8.7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for a USF team that went 22-14, including 12-6 in the Big East, before losing to Ohio in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament.
He is a native of Los Angeles, Calif., and attended Findley Prep (Nev.).
More information will be added as it becomes available.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)