Apr 15, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Michael Gbinije came to Duke as a 4-star prospect with size who could do a little bit of everything well, including shoot. But it didn’t help him get on the floor much.
So he’s ready to take those talents elsewhere.
Gbinije was part of a loaded 2011 recruiting class that featured five players rated among the top 50 prospects on Scout.com. But with Austin Rivers heading to the NBA and Gbinije out, that leaves three remaining. Duke only has shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon coming this season.
That places added pressure to land either Tony Parker or Amile Jefferson among the top 2012 recruits remaining. Not that the Devils will be hurting for talent. They’ll vie with N.C. State as the ACC team to beat in 2012-13.
But it seems depth could be an issue.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)