Apr 16, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
This decision should come as no surprise.
Marc Spears, an NBA writer for Yahoo.com, tweeted out on Monday afternoon ”decided to enter the NBA Draft after receiving release from Alabama.” Mitchell, a junior, was suspended from the Alabama team in early February and, ultimately, given the boot after the season ended. Most expected that he would ultimately be headed for the NBA instead of transferring and having to sit out a year before playing his final season.
The 6-foot-6 forward averaged 13.1 points and 7.0 rebounds while earning the nickname “Mr. DVR” from yours truly for his array of acrobatic dunks.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims