Apr 16, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
According to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis, and Marquis Teague will all leave Kentucky for the NBA draft.
It was reported earlier Monday that Terrence Jones would be headed to the draft, but this report confirms what many had been thinking almost all season.
Jones is projected to be the 11th overall pick in this year’s draft after averaging 12.3 points and 7.2 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats.
Davis averaged 14.3 points, 10 rebounds, and 4.7 blocks for Kentucky, on his way to winning National Rookie of the Year and National Player of the Year.
He is expected to be selected with the first overall pick in June’s draft. The Charlotte Bobcats are the team with the highest odds of winning the NBA draft lottery and grabbing the No. 1 pick.
Teague, after being under criticism for his play early in the season, grew into his own and was integral to the Wildcats’ success in March.
On the year, he averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 assists per game. The Indiana native is projected by Draft Express to be selected with the No. 18 overall selection.
The Wildcats will be looking to replace Teague with NC State transfer Ryan Harrow next season.
And Kentucky may not be done losing players.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Doron Lamb are also expected by many to declare for the draft. Earlier in the season, though, when asked about leaving for the draft, Kidd-Gilchrist expressed a desire to graduate from Kentucky, playing all four years.
Perhaps his opinion has changed since then.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)