Apr 16, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
According to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis, and Marquis Teague will all leave Kentucky for the NBA draft.
It was reported earlier Monday that Terrence Jones would be headed to the draft, but this report confirms what many had been thinking almost all season.
Jones is projected to be the 11th overall pick in this year’s draft after averaging 12.3 points and 7.2 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats.
Davis averaged 14.3 points, 10 rebounds, and 4.7 blocks for Kentucky, on his way to winning National Rookie of the Year and National Player of the Year.
He is expected to be selected with the first overall pick in June’s draft. The Charlotte Bobcats are the team with the highest odds of winning the NBA draft lottery and grabbing the No. 1 pick.
Teague, after being under criticism for his play early in the season, grew into his own and was integral to the Wildcats’ success in March.
On the year, he averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 assists per game. The Indiana native is projected by Draft Express to be selected with the No. 18 overall selection.
The Wildcats will be looking to replace Teague with NC State transfer Ryan Harrow next season.
And Kentucky may not be done losing players.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Doron Lamb are also expected by many to declare for the draft. Earlier in the season, though, when asked about leaving for the draft, Kidd-Gilchrist expressed a desire to graduate from Kentucky, playing all four years.
Perhaps his opinion has changed since then.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)