Apr 16, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Want to know what it was like covering the Final Four? Read this fantastic all-access backstage pass of the media coverage in New Orleans (The buffet was sub-par at best, and there was no mention of Doyel’s “casual” attire – yellow/green Nike running shoes, worn-out, stone-washed jeans, and a green t-shirt)
- An entertaining-read on how Baylor’s Scott Drew has stolen the recruiting thunder from Texas’ Rick Barnes
- Coaches in the Ivy League are preparing to present the conference with a plan to establish a post-season tournament. What’s next? Athletic scholarships….
- Ryan Fagan keeps going strong on the retrospective prospectus: How two rules changed the game
- Popular former-Florida star Dwayne Schintzius died on Sunday after a long battle with bone marrow cancer. The former big-man fought leukemia in 2009, and was declared cancer-free in January, 2010. he was 47 years old
- Fill-in the blank: So much_____________ in Anthony Davis
- Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville head coach Ric Pitino, has been named the new head coach at Florida International, replacing Isaiah Thomas
- It looks like Duke freshman Michael Gbinije is going to transfer. But according to some sources, he has finalized his decision, nor has told Coach-K
- Former-Kansas State big man Robert Upshaw has committed to Fresno State, which is a monumental get for the bulldogs
- Wisconsin red-shirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff is transferring and Creighton is the first school he plans on visiting
- SMU has focused their coaching search on Larry Brown and UNC-Wilmington’s Buzz Petersen. It looks like the school wants to hire both of them. But it kinda makes sense. Brown is clearly not in this for the long haul, so the school will need a succession plan, and Petersen is a good man for that position
- Don’t peg Nerlens Noel for the 2013 NBA draft just yet. The soon-to-be freshman at Kentucky says he’s not going into school with the idea that he’s going to be one-and-done
- In fact, the high school class of 2012 isn’t all that overwhelming
- Shabazz Muhammad and Rodney Purvis shared the MVP honors and the Jordan Brand Classic held in Charlotte over the weekend. They should just change the name of the event from “Jordan Brand Classic” to “Bobcats Pre-Draft Camp”
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Perkins was kicked in the face by a Georgia player.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s not just football that’s on today.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 AM EST
A lot is riding on this season for St. John’s. Can they consistently be the ‘grown up’ team they claimed to be on Wednesday night?
Nov 27, 2014, 3:07 AM EST
Two Big East teams made statements in the Bahamas, and No. 3 Arizona won the Maui Invitational.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
Arizona scored 22 points off of 14 San Diego State turnovers, and that along with good foul shooting proved to be the difference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
Georgetown committed 19 turnovers, but they shot 49 percent from the field and earned another quality win for the Big East.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Through five games Louisville is shooting 24-for-105 from three. They’ll need to shoot better than that when Ohio State visits next Tuesday.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Sir’Dominic Pointer picked off Minnesota center Elliot Eliason’s outlet pass and made the big man pay for his mistake.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Justin Reed was one of America East’s best guards in each of his first two seasons, but that hasn’t been the case in 2014-15.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
After launching 22 three-pointers in the first half, Oklahoma took a wiser approach to the offensive end of the floor as they outlasted No. 22 UCLA.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
It’s hard to put too much stake in one loss, but there are a couple of things from this game that we need to keep an eye on.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Cameron Biedscheid averaged 6.2 points per game as a freshman at Notre Dame in 2012-13.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Joining Cullen Neal on the sideline is Arthur Edwards, who is expected to miss 4-6 weeks thanks to a dislocated finger.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
The importance of this win for Butler cannot be overstated.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
JayVaughn Pinkston is the leader and go-to guy for Villanova. And he is not their star because … why?
Nov 26, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Gordon is averaging 10.5 points this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Not a bad way to kick off the Thanksgiving weekend
Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
He was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Angry John Beilein is the best John Beilein.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Pinkston made a couple of huge plays down the stretch.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)