Apr 16, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Want to know what it was like covering the Final Four? Read this fantastic all-access backstage pass of the media coverage in New Orleans (The buffet was sub-par at best, and there was no mention of Doyel’s “casual” attire – yellow/green Nike running shoes, worn-out, stone-washed jeans, and a green t-shirt)
- An entertaining-read on how Baylor’s Scott Drew has stolen the recruiting thunder from Texas’ Rick Barnes
- Coaches in the Ivy League are preparing to present the conference with a plan to establish a post-season tournament. What’s next? Athletic scholarships….
- Ryan Fagan keeps going strong on the retrospective prospectus: How two rules changed the game
- Popular former-Florida star Dwayne Schintzius died on Sunday after a long battle with bone marrow cancer. The former big-man fought leukemia in 2009, and was declared cancer-free in January, 2010. he was 47 years old
- Fill-in the blank: So much_____________ in Anthony Davis
- Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville head coach Ric Pitino, has been named the new head coach at Florida International, replacing Isaiah Thomas
- It looks like Duke freshman Michael Gbinije is going to transfer. But according to some sources, he has finalized his decision, nor has told Coach-K
- Former-Kansas State big man Robert Upshaw has committed to Fresno State, which is a monumental get for the bulldogs
- Wisconsin red-shirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff is transferring and Creighton is the first school he plans on visiting
- SMU has focused their coaching search on Larry Brown and UNC-Wilmington’s Buzz Petersen. It looks like the school wants to hire both of them. But it kinda makes sense. Brown is clearly not in this for the long haul, so the school will need a succession plan, and Petersen is a good man for that position
- Don’t peg Nerlens Noel for the 2013 NBA draft just yet. The soon-to-be freshman at Kentucky says he’s not going into school with the idea that he’s going to be one-and-done
- In fact, the high school class of 2012 isn’t all that overwhelming
- Shabazz Muhammad and Rodney Purvis shared the MVP honors and the Jordan Brand Classic held in Charlotte over the weekend. They should just change the name of the event from “Jordan Brand Classic” to “Bobcats Pre-Draft Camp”
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston has found a replacement for Doug Wojcik during his suspension.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Tyler Davis has lost 70 pounds and evolved into one of the nation’s best big men.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Louisville commit Raymond Spalding doesn’t feel pressure despite being a hometown kid.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 Iowan averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game as a high school junior.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Among the high school players in attendance are Jaylen Brown (2015), Thon Maker (2016) and Dennis Smith Jr. (2016).
Aug 1, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
You’ve seen the pictures of the rings. Now see the player’s reactions once they got them.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
The highly athletic wing is back on the market, but he’s yet to be cleared academically.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)