Apr 16, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Want to know what it was like covering the Final Four? Read this fantastic all-access backstage pass of the media coverage in New Orleans (The buffet was sub-par at best, and there was no mention of Doyel’s “casual” attire – yellow/green Nike running shoes, worn-out, stone-washed jeans, and a green t-shirt)
- An entertaining-read on how Baylor’s Scott Drew has stolen the recruiting thunder from Texas’ Rick Barnes
- Coaches in the Ivy League are preparing to present the conference with a plan to establish a post-season tournament. What’s next? Athletic scholarships….
- Ryan Fagan keeps going strong on the retrospective prospectus: How two rules changed the game
- Popular former-Florida star Dwayne Schintzius died on Sunday after a long battle with bone marrow cancer. The former big-man fought leukemia in 2009, and was declared cancer-free in January, 2010. he was 47 years old
- Fill-in the blank: So much_____________ in Anthony Davis
- Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville head coach Ric Pitino, has been named the new head coach at Florida International, replacing Isaiah Thomas
- It looks like Duke freshman Michael Gbinije is going to transfer. But according to some sources, he has finalized his decision, nor has told Coach-K
- Former-Kansas State big man Robert Upshaw has committed to Fresno State, which is a monumental get for the bulldogs
- Wisconsin red-shirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff is transferring and Creighton is the first school he plans on visiting
- SMU has focused their coaching search on Larry Brown and UNC-Wilmington’s Buzz Petersen. It looks like the school wants to hire both of them. But it kinda makes sense. Brown is clearly not in this for the long haul, so the school will need a succession plan, and Petersen is a good man for that position
- Don’t peg Nerlens Noel for the 2013 NBA draft just yet. The soon-to-be freshman at Kentucky says he’s not going into school with the idea that he’s going to be one-and-done
- In fact, the high school class of 2012 isn’t all that overwhelming
- Shabazz Muhammad and Rodney Purvis shared the MVP honors and the Jordan Brand Classic held in Charlotte over the weekend. They should just change the name of the event from “Jordan Brand Classic” to “Bobcats Pre-Draft Camp”
Aug 31, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
The second team All-MAC selection scored eight points in Senegal’s win over Puerto Rico.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Bruce Weber now has three verbal commitments in the Class of 2015.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
5-foot-11 point guard Glynn Watson becomes Nebraska’s second 2015 commitment.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Slender forward Brandon Ingram is one of the best perimeter prospects in the Class of 2015.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Tennessee is on the board in 2015 due to the addition of a versatile 6-foot-5 forward.
Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Roy Williams challenged his players in the Bahamas, and the accepted it on Saturday afternoon.
Aug 31, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Malik Newman is the No. 3 overall recruit, according to Rivals.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The Robinson brothers are the first two commits in Quinnipiac’s Class of 2015.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Cougars have been without a head coach since Aug. 5.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl has landed five commitments in 10 days.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
More dunks from one of the best all-star games of the summer.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Connor McCaffery was expected to play for his father, and he announced the intention to do so Saturday.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
The Floridian averaged 26 points per game as a high school junior.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Yanick Moreira missed time last season due to injury, so this month could prove incredibly valuable for both he and the SMU program he’ll rejoin.
Aug 30, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Providence is looking to reach consecutive NCAA tournaments for the first time since the 1989 and 1990 seasons.
Aug 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Franklin Edmond averaged 18.0 points and 6.2 rebounds per game as a freshman.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
After a big recruiting week for Auburn, two players from the current roster are leaving the program.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Cincinnati has some tough opponents in the non-conference portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
Aug 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Utah State returns a veteran locker-room presence.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Providence added another piece for the 2014-15 season late this week.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)