Apr 16, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Want to know what it was like covering the Final Four? Read this fantastic all-access backstage pass of the media coverage in New Orleans (The buffet was sub-par at best, and there was no mention of Doyel’s “casual” attire – yellow/green Nike running shoes, worn-out, stone-washed jeans, and a green t-shirt)
- An entertaining-read on how Baylor’s Scott Drew has stolen the recruiting thunder from Texas’ Rick Barnes
- Coaches in the Ivy League are preparing to present the conference with a plan to establish a post-season tournament. What’s next? Athletic scholarships….
- Ryan Fagan keeps going strong on the retrospective prospectus: How two rules changed the game
- Popular former-Florida star Dwayne Schintzius died on Sunday after a long battle with bone marrow cancer. The former big-man fought leukemia in 2009, and was declared cancer-free in January, 2010. he was 47 years old
- Fill-in the blank: So much_____________ in Anthony Davis
- Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville head coach Ric Pitino, has been named the new head coach at Florida International, replacing Isaiah Thomas
- It looks like Duke freshman Michael Gbinije is going to transfer. But according to some sources, he has finalized his decision, nor has told Coach-K
- Former-Kansas State big man Robert Upshaw has committed to Fresno State, which is a monumental get for the bulldogs
- Wisconsin red-shirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff is transferring and Creighton is the first school he plans on visiting
- SMU has focused their coaching search on Larry Brown and UNC-Wilmington’s Buzz Petersen. It looks like the school wants to hire both of them. But it kinda makes sense. Brown is clearly not in this for the long haul, so the school will need a succession plan, and Petersen is a good man for that position
- Don’t peg Nerlens Noel for the 2013 NBA draft just yet. The soon-to-be freshman at Kentucky says he’s not going into school with the idea that he’s going to be one-and-done
- In fact, the high school class of 2012 isn’t all that overwhelming
- Shabazz Muhammad and Rodney Purvis shared the MVP honors and the Jordan Brand Classic held in Charlotte over the weekend. They should just change the name of the event from “Jordan Brand Classic” to “Bobcats Pre-Draft Camp”
Sep 30, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Those can’t be called dorms. Maybe luxury resort housing.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Evans may be the best point guard in the Class of 2015, but it’s up for debate.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Ernie Kent lands his third commitment in the Class of 2015.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The pair will replace Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The Owls may not have landed Jalen Brunson, but they did bring in an elite “legacy” in the back court.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Long Beach State has four commits in 2015.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Pauley Pavilion has gone under plenty of changes in the last few seasons and dealt with a flooding issue several months back.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UNLV continues to tap into the local powerhouse.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
All four commits are ranked in the Rivals150.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Spoiler: Kentucky is going to dunk a lot this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A decision could come within the next three weeks.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
John Calipari’s loaded roster has required a new position on the Kentucky staff.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Logwood had previously signed with Auburn.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Spoelstra is now the head coach of the Miami Heat.
Sep 29, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
New head coach Mike Rhoades is from the Shaka Smart coaching tree.
Sep 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Will this hurt Cuonzo Martin’s program?
Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Deville Smith has completed the tough task of playing for four different schools in four seasons.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
This provides more context into why Smart did what he did.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
There is only one truly strange ranking in this top 25.
Sep 28, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
The Yellow Jackets will have new uniforms as they look to account for the loss of four of their top five scorers from last season.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0