Apr 16, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Want to know what it was like covering the Final Four? Read this fantastic all-access backstage pass of the media coverage in New Orleans (The buffet was sub-par at best, and there was no mention of Doyel’s “casual” attire – yellow/green Nike running shoes, worn-out, stone-washed jeans, and a green t-shirt)
– An entertaining-read on how Baylor’s Scott Drew has stolen the recruiting thunder from Texas’ Rick Barnes
– Coaches in the Ivy League are preparing to present the conference with a plan to establish a post-season tournament. What’s next? Athletic scholarships….
– Ryan Fagan keeps going strong on the retrospective prospectus: How two rules changed the game
– Popular former-Florida star Dwayne Schintzius died on Sunday after a long battle with bone marrow cancer. The former big-man fought leukemia in 2009, and was declared cancer-free in January, 2010. he was 47 years old
– Fill-in the blank: So much_____________ in Anthony Davis
– Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville head coach Ric Pitino, has been named the new head coach at Florida International, replacing Isaiah Thomas
– It looks like Duke freshman Michael Gbinije is going to transfer. But according to some sources, he has finalized his decision, nor has told Coach-K
– Former-Kansas State big man Robert Upshaw has committed to Fresno State, which is a monumental get for the bulldogs
– Wisconsin red-shirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff is transferring and Creighton is the first school he plans on visiting
– SMU has focused their coaching search on Larry Brown and UNC-Wilmington’s Buzz Petersen. It looks like the school wants to hire both of them. But it kinda makes sense. Brown is clearly not in this for the long haul, so the school will need a succession plan, and Petersen is a good man for that position
– Don’t peg Nerlens Noel for the 2013 NBA draft just yet. The soon-to-be freshman at Kentucky says he’s not going into school with the idea that he’s going to be one-and-done
– In fact, the high school class of 2012 isn’t all that overwhelming
– Shabazz Muhammad and Rodney Purvis shared the MVP honors and the Jordan Brand Classic held in Charlotte over the weekend. They should just change the name of the event from “Jordan Brand Classic” to “Bobcats Pre-Draft Camp”
May 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
North Carolina commit Jalek Felton is fun to watch.
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
After being dismissed from Oregon, Dominic Artis spent a year at Diablo Valley CC in California but did not play basketball.
May 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Nwamu averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from three at Mercer last season.
May 2, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Dakota Slaughter didn’t see much playing time at Alabama, but that could change at UTPA.
May 2, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
A high-level perimeter shooter, Williams can help a team that was lacking in that area in 2014-15.
May 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
ECU scholarship athletes in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will receive an extra $4,025 in scholarship money beginning August 1.
May 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Florida has four Class of 2015 recruits signed for next season.
May 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
De’Aaron Fox is one of the elite players in the Class of 2016 and he’s spending the spring focusing on defense and being a leader.
May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown’s commitment shook up the college basketball world on Friday night.
May 2, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Arizona State is losing a sophomore guard to transfer
May 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahmad Walker is returning to Stony Brook after a season in the junior college ranks.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Baylor commit Mark Vital gets it done when it comes to dunks.
May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
May 1, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown ended his long and complicated recruitment and committed on Friday night.
May 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Former Miami (OH) point guard Quinten Rollins transitioned to football after his college basketball career finished and now he’s been drafted to the NFL.
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman center Jeremiah April will transfer.
May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Sterling Gibbs is on his way to UConn.
May 1, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Top 150 wing Troy Baxter has decided on his future.
May 1, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Harvard landed a commitment from its point guard of the future.
May 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The son of 1986 Final Four MOP Pervis Ellison is the sixth addition to the St. John’s roster this spring.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 11
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)