Apr 17, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
Danny Manning’s first season at Tulsa just got more difficult.
The Golden Hurricanes will grant Jordan Clarkson’s request for a transfer, leaving them without their best player and leading scorer.
According to the Tulsa World, Clarkson will be released to a limited number of schools, which most likely cuts out any Conference USA schools and in-state rivals such as Oklahoma State. But the rest of the Big 12 seems likely, including Texas. He’ll have to sit out a season per transfer rules. (UPDATE: Tulsa will reportedly only allow Clarkson to talk to Vandy, Colorado and TCU. If true, this is patently unfair.)
He’ll be a welcome addition to the school that lands him.
The 6-4 sophomore was Tulsa’s leading scorer (16.5 ppg) and did it while taking nearly 30 percent of Tulsa’s shots while on the floor and did it efficiently, too. He also hit double figures in every one of Tulsa’s final 28 games, making him an easy call for all-league. He was the school’s youngest first-team selection since 1995.
That’s the kind of player who’ll have an instant impact no matter where he lands.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)