Apr 17, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Kentucky’s Tuesday press conference for its five underclassmen stars to announce their futures was moved from 2 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. ET.
Cue the day-long speculation about what that move means.
There have already been reports that Anthony Davis (the likely No. 1 pick in the draft), Terrence Jones (a lottery pick) and Marquis Teague will declare. But that leaves freshman wing Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and sophomore sharpshooter Doron Lamb as possible wildcards.
Will they stay? Did they need more time to work out their decisions? Are they having second thoughts?
Don’t get too excited. All five are still expected to go pro. The school says the press conference was moved back to accommodate class schedules and travel issues (Davis and coach John Calipari were out of town last night for Davis to accept the Waymon Tisdale Award as the nation’s top freshman.)
Still. It’s gotta be a fun dream for any Kentucky fan to imagine that some – or all – might stay. But I can’t say the same thing for every other college hoops fan.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional