Apr 17, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
OK, how tall is Truck Bryant?
Judging by this photo of the West Virginia senior standing by Bob Huggins (who’s 6-3), he’s about 6 feet tall. But he’s been listed at 6-2 throughout his career. Good old height inflation.
That’s a time-honored tradition among basketball teams. Always list your guys slightly taller than they really are. It’s not until the would-be NBA players start playing in front of scouts that we figure out just how tall they really are. Bryant, per measurements, is a shade under 6 feet, though that’s done without shoes. (So add an inch for when he’s on the court.)
So which guys added the most to their listed height? Michael Rogner over at Run the Floor put together a graph that sorts those heights by exaggeration.
Man. How did Missouri play Kim English at power forward this season, anyway?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming