Apr 17, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
OK, how tall is Truck Bryant?
Judging by this photo of the West Virginia senior standing by Bob Huggins (who’s 6-3), he’s about 6 feet tall. But he’s been listed at 6-2 throughout his career. Good old height inflation.
That’s a time-honored tradition among basketball teams. Always list your guys slightly taller than they really are. It’s not until the would-be NBA players start playing in front of scouts that we figure out just how tall they really are. Bryant, per measurements, is a shade under 6 feet, though that’s done without shoes. (So add an inch for when he’s on the court.)
So which guys added the most to their listed height? Michael Rogner over at Run the Floor put together a graph that sorts those heights by exaggeration.
Man. How did Missouri play Kim English at power forward this season, anyway?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games