Apr 18, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Kentucky made it’s biggest splash on the recruiting trail last week when center Nerlens Noel signed on the dotted line but, according to Jason Jordan of ESPN, it may be Noel, himself, who helps to solidify the rest of the 2012 Wildcat class.
According to Jordan, Noel is confident that there is a little “over 50%” chance that Findlay Prep forward and Canadian native Anthony Bennett ends up with Kentucky.
Odds slightly more than the flip of a coin? It’s probably enough to make Wildcat fans hopeful.
Bennett has said that he will make his decision in early May and still has a list of five that includes Kentucky, UNLV, Florida, Oregon, and Washington.
He is a well-built, 6-8, 230-pound power forward, which would help to fill a vacancy left by Terrence Jones, who is departing for the NBA draft.
Kentucky will shuffle around pieces that include Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer, and Nerlens Noel, but Bennett would add important size and depth down low.
He averaged 14.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game this past season for Findlay Prep and sealed a victory for the World team in the Nike Hoop Summit with an arcing three with under a minute remaining.
Poythress turned down Florida to sign with Kentucky this past fall, so Bennett will be facing something similar in the coming weeks.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)