Apr 18, 2012, 10:44 AM EST
Kentucky made it’s biggest splash on the recruiting trail last week when center Nerlens Noel signed on the dotted line but, according to Jason Jordan of ESPN, it may be Noel, himself, who helps to solidify the rest of the 2012 Wildcat class.
According to Jordan, Noel is confident that there is a little “over 50%” chance that Findlay Prep forward and Canadian native Anthony Bennett ends up with Kentucky.
Odds slightly more than the flip of a coin? It’s probably enough to make Wildcat fans hopeful.
Bennett has said that he will make his decision in early May and still has a list of five that includes Kentucky, UNLV, Florida, Oregon, and Washington.
He is a well-built, 6-8, 230-pound power forward, which would help to fill a vacancy left by Terrence Jones, who is departing for the NBA draft.
Kentucky will shuffle around pieces that include Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer, and Nerlens Noel, but Bennett would add important size and depth down low.
He averaged 14.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game this past season for Findlay Prep and sealed a victory for the World team in the Nike Hoop Summit with an arcing three with under a minute remaining.
Poythress turned down Florida to sign with Kentucky this past fall, so Bennett will be facing something similar in the coming weeks.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)