Apr 18, 2012, 10:44 AM EST
Kentucky made it’s biggest splash on the recruiting trail last week when center Nerlens Noel signed on the dotted line but, according to Jason Jordan of ESPN, it may be Noel, himself, who helps to solidify the rest of the 2012 Wildcat class.
According to Jordan, Noel is confident that there is a little “over 50%” chance that Findlay Prep forward and Canadian native Anthony Bennett ends up with Kentucky.
Odds slightly more than the flip of a coin? It’s probably enough to make Wildcat fans hopeful.
Bennett has said that he will make his decision in early May and still has a list of five that includes Kentucky, UNLV, Florida, Oregon, and Washington.
He is a well-built, 6-8, 230-pound power forward, which would help to fill a vacancy left by Terrence Jones, who is departing for the NBA draft.
Kentucky will shuffle around pieces that include Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer, and Nerlens Noel, but Bennett would add important size and depth down low.
He averaged 14.5 points and 7.7 rebounds per game this past season for Findlay Prep and sealed a victory for the World team in the Nike Hoop Summit with an arcing three with under a minute remaining.
Poythress turned down Florida to sign with Kentucky this past fall, so Bennett will be facing something similar in the coming weeks.
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 2
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s, Stanford headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 6
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)