Apr 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- The big news of the day is that legendary women’s coach Pat Summitt is stepping down at Tennessee. She won eight national championships in 38 seasons but was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease back in August. Summitt’s legacy goes well beyond just wins and titles. You can debate how popular women’s basketball truly is, but it would not be where it is today if it was not for Pat Summitt. In short, for the last 25 years or so, she has been women’s college basketball.
- Dan Wetzel and Jeff Goodman both weigh-in on the Jarrod Uthoff fiasco. Wisconsin has now blocked Uthoff from transferring from 25 different schools. Bo Ryan finally addressed the situation, but doesn’t really explain anything. Oh and the university almost lost Uthoff’s appeal letter, so there’s that too. Basically, nothing good ever comes of this. Just let the kid already
- Pat Forde cannot understand why SMU would want to hire 72-year old Larry Brown as their new head coach. But Brown still hasn’t officially signed on the dotted line yet. David Steele thinks that even at 72 years of age, Brown can transform this team
- Deron Snyder reminds us that if we had the chance to leave college after a national championship in order to make NBA money, we probably would (And he’s right)
- ESPN’s Ric Bucher wrote a solid article about Isaiah Thomas‘ tenure at FIU. While “Zeke” didn’t have the best record, his players loved playing for him, and they excelled in the classroom under his watch
- Basketball rivalry trophies? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, and yes.
- Fran Frascilla put together a fantastic list of breakout players to watch for next season
- Rush The Court provided a great list of instant impact transfers to be on the look out for in 2012-2013
- C.J Leslie will return to North Carolina State for his junior season. His presence will make the Wolf Pack one of the preseason favorites to win the ACC next season
- The U.S. Senate actually passed a bill congratulating Kentucky on their National Championship. Really fellas? Fix the BCS, fix expansionocalypse. Hell, fix transfer-blocking. But don’t waste tax-payer money on bills congratulating teams (Even though it probably doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to get done from start to finish)
- Speaking of the ACC, a lot of teams will see a lot of roster turnover in the off-season, which could make for an interesting 2012-2013 season
- Speaking of Toledo, they got some good news as well. Loyola’s Justin Drummond, the MAAC Sixth Man of the Year, is transferring in to their program
- USC-transfer Ari Stewart will not be charged with marijuana possession stemming from an arrest in February. Instead he will have to go through a drug diversion program
- This Zach Tomaselli character is a troubled human being. A week after claiming he lied about everything involving the Bernie Fine abuse allegations, he went back to his original statements
- VUHoops.com provides an update on the nonsensical MWC/C-USA merger fiasco
- UCLA and Texas will play a game next season at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Houston Texans, and the site of the 2011 Final Four
- This is said a lot, but it’s very true for Minnesota: Next season is a very important year for the Golden Gophers program
- Kim English, a college hoops media favorite, used game film and personal evaluation to improve his game this past season
Jul 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Beasley has been one of the nations top performers over the last three months
Jul 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Thomas is a bulldozer on the block.
Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
It’s the latest in a long line of bourbon bottles commemorating celebrities in the state.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Rick vs. Richard could get awkward for the rest of the family
Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Will this be enough for Charleston to finally get rid of their embattled head coach?
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Blakeney is now on the radar of programs like Kentucky and Louisville.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Iowa State repainted their court.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston Board of Trustees meets on Wednesday.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The transfer forward will miss the first nine games of the season.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Seven minutes of highlights from this past weekend’s Nike Peach Jam.
Jul 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
But they aren’t yet eligible for the NCAA tournament. Click to see why.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Isaiah Austin is returning to Baylor. Once he gets his degree, he’ll have a job with the NBA.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Imagine 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell in a helmet and shoulder pads.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
The second installment of our weekly awards.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
He’ll be out for two months.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Josh Jackson, Jaylen Brown, Diamond Stone, and more.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Niang, who has dropped some 25 pounds since the end of the season, is looking to have an even greater impact as the Cyclones work to account for the losses of Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Can you say seven figures?
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Is this the best high school mixtape since Seventh Woods?
Jul 21, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
DePaul redshirt freshman forward DeJuan Marrero will play his sophomore season at Chipola.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)