Apr 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- The big news of the day is that legendary women’s coach Pat Summitt is stepping down at Tennessee. She won eight national championships in 38 seasons but was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease back in August. Summitt’s legacy goes well beyond just wins and titles. You can debate how popular women’s basketball truly is, but it would not be where it is today if it was not for Pat Summitt. In short, for the last 25 years or so, she has been women’s college basketball.
- Dan Wetzel and Jeff Goodman both weigh-in on the Jarrod Uthoff fiasco. Wisconsin has now blocked Uthoff from transferring from 25 different schools. Bo Ryan finally addressed the situation, but doesn’t really explain anything. Oh and the university almost lost Uthoff’s appeal letter, so there’s that too. Basically, nothing good ever comes of this. Just let the kid already
- Pat Forde cannot understand why SMU would want to hire 72-year old Larry Brown as their new head coach. But Brown still hasn’t officially signed on the dotted line yet. David Steele thinks that even at 72 years of age, Brown can transform this team
- Deron Snyder reminds us that if we had the chance to leave college after a national championship in order to make NBA money, we probably would (And he’s right)
- ESPN’s Ric Bucher wrote a solid article about Isaiah Thomas‘ tenure at FIU. While “Zeke” didn’t have the best record, his players loved playing for him, and they excelled in the classroom under his watch
- Basketball rivalry trophies? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, and yes.
- Fran Frascilla put together a fantastic list of breakout players to watch for next season
- Rush The Court provided a great list of instant impact transfers to be on the look out for in 2012-2013
- C.J Leslie will return to North Carolina State for his junior season. His presence will make the Wolf Pack one of the preseason favorites to win the ACC next season
- The U.S. Senate actually passed a bill congratulating Kentucky on their National Championship. Really fellas? Fix the BCS, fix expansionocalypse. Hell, fix transfer-blocking. But don’t waste tax-payer money on bills congratulating teams (Even though it probably doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to get done from start to finish)
- Speaking of the ACC, a lot of teams will see a lot of roster turnover in the off-season, which could make for an interesting 2012-2013 season
- Speaking of Toledo, they got some good news as well. Loyola’s Justin Drummond, the MAAC Sixth Man of the Year, is transferring in to their program
- USC-transfer Ari Stewart will not be charged with marijuana possession stemming from an arrest in February. Instead he will have to go through a drug diversion program
- This Zach Tomaselli character is a troubled human being. A week after claiming he lied about everything involving the Bernie Fine abuse allegations, he went back to his original statements
- VUHoops.com provides an update on the nonsensical MWC/C-USA merger fiasco
- UCLA and Texas will play a game next season at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Houston Texans, and the site of the 2011 Final Four
- This is said a lot, but it’s very true for Minnesota: Next season is a very important year for the Golden Gophers program
- Kim English, a college hoops media favorite, used game film and personal evaluation to improve his game this past season
Nov 23, 2014, 3:56 AM EST
Concerns about Cook moving off the ball seem foolish through five games.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
No. 21 Nebraska was the lone ranked team to fall on Saturday, but give them credit for being willing to go on the road to play a dangerous opponent.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Devin Davis has been rehabbing from injuries suffered on November 1 in his hometown of Indianapolis.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Most people already knew that Winslow’s a high-level athlete. Here’s some evidence for those who somehow didn’t.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
Before their game against No. 21 Nebraska, Rhode Island took the floor in shirts honoring Avery Harriman.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:44 PM EST
Florida faces Georgetown in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis Wednesday.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The score was tied 41-41 with six minutes to go. Rams and Cornhuskers traded the lead five times after that.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
Wyoming may have scored just 56 points, but all 22 of their made field goals were assisted and they shot nearly 53 percent from the field.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Boutte’s shot came seconds after he corralled a wayward pass from teammate Marcellus Barksdale.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Eustachy led the Rams to a school-record 26 wins in 2012-13.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Meeks accounted for two double-doubles all season in 2013-14. He’s now matched that total through three games.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Providence jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead and cruised to an easy win over Florida State.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Notre Dame guards Demetrius Jackson and Jerian Grant played well to help lead the Irish to victory.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The 2015 CBE Classic will have a local flavor.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Ball State will be without a key piece for the immediate future.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Florida will be without a key guard for at least a few games.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
More depth is coming for the Aggies.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
A solid Saturday slate features multiple ranked teams in action.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A tremendous story continues to get better as Lauren Hill surprised teammates and fans by checking into her second college basketball game and scoring again on Friday night.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Cornell shouldn’t have given D.J. Newbill a chance.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)