Apr 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- The big news of the day is that legendary women’s coach Pat Summitt is stepping down at Tennessee. She won eight national championships in 38 seasons but was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease back in August. Summitt’s legacy goes well beyond just wins and titles. You can debate how popular women’s basketball truly is, but it would not be where it is today if it was not for Pat Summitt. In short, for the last 25 years or so, she has been women’s college basketball.
- Dan Wetzel and Jeff Goodman both weigh-in on the Jarrod Uthoff fiasco. Wisconsin has now blocked Uthoff from transferring from 25 different schools. Bo Ryan finally addressed the situation, but doesn’t really explain anything. Oh and the university almost lost Uthoff’s appeal letter, so there’s that too. Basically, nothing good ever comes of this. Just let the kid already
- Pat Forde cannot understand why SMU would want to hire 72-year old Larry Brown as their new head coach. But Brown still hasn’t officially signed on the dotted line yet. David Steele thinks that even at 72 years of age, Brown can transform this team
- Deron Snyder reminds us that if we had the chance to leave college after a national championship in order to make NBA money, we probably would (And he’s right)
- ESPN’s Ric Bucher wrote a solid article about Isaiah Thomas‘ tenure at FIU. While “Zeke” didn’t have the best record, his players loved playing for him, and they excelled in the classroom under his watch
- Basketball rivalry trophies? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, and yes.
- Fran Frascilla put together a fantastic list of breakout players to watch for next season
- Rush The Court provided a great list of instant impact transfers to be on the look out for in 2012-2013
- C.J Leslie will return to North Carolina State for his junior season. His presence will make the Wolf Pack one of the preseason favorites to win the ACC next season
- The U.S. Senate actually passed a bill congratulating Kentucky on their National Championship. Really fellas? Fix the BCS, fix expansionocalypse. Hell, fix transfer-blocking. But don’t waste tax-payer money on bills congratulating teams (Even though it probably doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to get done from start to finish)
- Speaking of the ACC, a lot of teams will see a lot of roster turnover in the off-season, which could make for an interesting 2012-2013 season
- Speaking of Toledo, they got some good news as well. Loyola’s Justin Drummond, the MAAC Sixth Man of the Year, is transferring in to their program
- USC-transfer Ari Stewart will not be charged with marijuana possession stemming from an arrest in February. Instead he will have to go through a drug diversion program
- This Zach Tomaselli character is a troubled human being. A week after claiming he lied about everything involving the Bernie Fine abuse allegations, he went back to his original statements
- VUHoops.com provides an update on the nonsensical MWC/C-USA merger fiasco
- UCLA and Texas will play a game next season at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Houston Texans, and the site of the 2011 Final Four
- This is said a lot, but it’s very true for Minnesota: Next season is a very important year for the Golden Gophers program
- Kim English, a college hoops media favorite, used game film and personal evaluation to improve his game this past season
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Loyd is converting from point guard to wide receiver.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Bulls announced the fifth departure this spring.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is the most searched athlete in two states, according to a recent study.
Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Ron Hunter is loading up on talented transfers
Apr 22, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Auburn will accept the punishment that has been given to Pearl by the NCAA.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Kentucky is still waiting for a decision from four players.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius is the younger brother of former Illini guard Brandon Paul.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
The ACC schedule is what happens when leagues get too big.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Ivan Rabb is the best big man in a loaded class of bigs, according to Rivals.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
K.J. McDaniels might win an NBA dunk contest one day.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Cauley-Stein will be out for a couple of months.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Indiana assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Kenny Johnson is moving on to Louisville.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)