Apr 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- The big news of the day is that legendary women’s coach Pat Summitt is stepping down at Tennessee. She won eight national championships in 38 seasons but was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease back in August. Summitt’s legacy goes well beyond just wins and titles. You can debate how popular women’s basketball truly is, but it would not be where it is today if it was not for Pat Summitt. In short, for the last 25 years or so, she has been women’s college basketball.
- Dan Wetzel and Jeff Goodman both weigh-in on the Jarrod Uthoff fiasco. Wisconsin has now blocked Uthoff from transferring from 25 different schools. Bo Ryan finally addressed the situation, but doesn’t really explain anything. Oh and the university almost lost Uthoff’s appeal letter, so there’s that too. Basically, nothing good ever comes of this. Just let the kid already
- Pat Forde cannot understand why SMU would want to hire 72-year old Larry Brown as their new head coach. But Brown still hasn’t officially signed on the dotted line yet. David Steele thinks that even at 72 years of age, Brown can transform this team
- Deron Snyder reminds us that if we had the chance to leave college after a national championship in order to make NBA money, we probably would (And he’s right)
- ESPN’s Ric Bucher wrote a solid article about Isaiah Thomas‘ tenure at FIU. While “Zeke” didn’t have the best record, his players loved playing for him, and they excelled in the classroom under his watch
- Basketball rivalry trophies? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, and yes.
- Fran Frascilla put together a fantastic list of breakout players to watch for next season
- Rush The Court provided a great list of instant impact transfers to be on the look out for in 2012-2013
- C.J Leslie will return to North Carolina State for his junior season. His presence will make the Wolf Pack one of the preseason favorites to win the ACC next season
- The U.S. Senate actually passed a bill congratulating Kentucky on their National Championship. Really fellas? Fix the BCS, fix expansionocalypse. Hell, fix transfer-blocking. But don’t waste tax-payer money on bills congratulating teams (Even though it probably doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to get done from start to finish)
- Speaking of the ACC, a lot of teams will see a lot of roster turnover in the off-season, which could make for an interesting 2012-2013 season
- Speaking of Toledo, they got some good news as well. Loyola’s Justin Drummond, the MAAC Sixth Man of the Year, is transferring in to their program
- USC-transfer Ari Stewart will not be charged with marijuana possession stemming from an arrest in February. Instead he will have to go through a drug diversion program
- This Zach Tomaselli character is a troubled human being. A week after claiming he lied about everything involving the Bernie Fine abuse allegations, he went back to his original statements
- VUHoops.com provides an update on the nonsensical MWC/C-USA merger fiasco
- UCLA and Texas will play a game next season at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Houston Texans, and the site of the 2011 Final Four
- This is said a lot, but it’s very true for Minnesota: Next season is a very important year for the Golden Gophers program
- Kim English, a college hoops media favorite, used game film and personal evaluation to improve his game this past season
Sep 14, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
The Tabor Academy forward picked Fordham over offers from Duquesne, Quinnipiac and Saint Joseph’s.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
With Anthony Drmic and Derrick Marks both being seniors, this is an important addition for the Broncos.
Sep 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The Roselle Catholic (New Jersey) product is expected pick from Rhode Island, Seton Hall and South Carolina.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Playing with an all-star team this summer helped the Arkansas transfer shake off the rust accumulated during his season on the sidelines.
Sep 14, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Before this season Johnathan Loyd hadn’t played football since high school, and on Saturday he scored his first college touchdown.
Sep 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dunk City is using platelet-enriched plasma injections to help heal its athletes.
Sep 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
DePaul picked up its first 2015 pledge on Sunday.
Sep 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Houston picked up a commitment from a junior college forward.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Arizona added a four-star big man to its three five-star perimeter threats.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Allen Iverson made a rare trip back to Georgetown’s campus and shared some cool moments with former coach John Thompson.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
A three-star stretch forward is down to two Big Ten schools.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
A summer mixtape of 2015 point guard Jawun Evans.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The 6-foot-10 power forward grew up a UConn fan, and his commitment came as no surprise.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
After going through a difficult senior season at the high school level, Daniel Hamilton’s move to UConn has been a beneficial one thus far.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
“I will miss him ’til the day I die.”
Sep 13, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Kansas State landed a commitment from a 6-foot-10 Texan on Saturday.
Sep 13, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Boston College has reeled in its third commitment in less than a week.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Lots of high-level plays in this mixtape.
Sep 13, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
An Arizona State commit is in trouble for allegedly shoplifting some DVDs.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Three more official visits on the docket for a top-ten, five-star 2015 big man.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)