Apr 19, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- The big news of the day is that legendary women’s coach Pat Summitt is stepping down at Tennessee. She won eight national championships in 38 seasons but was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease back in August. Summitt’s legacy goes well beyond just wins and titles. You can debate how popular women’s basketball truly is, but it would not be where it is today if it was not for Pat Summitt. In short, for the last 25 years or so, she has been women’s college basketball.
- Dan Wetzel and Jeff Goodman both weigh-in on the Jarrod Uthoff fiasco. Wisconsin has now blocked Uthoff from transferring from 25 different schools. Bo Ryan finally addressed the situation, but doesn’t really explain anything. Oh and the university almost lost Uthoff’s appeal letter, so there’s that too. Basically, nothing good ever comes of this. Just let the kid already
- Pat Forde cannot understand why SMU would want to hire 72-year old Larry Brown as their new head coach. But Brown still hasn’t officially signed on the dotted line yet. David Steele thinks that even at 72 years of age, Brown can transform this team
- Deron Snyder reminds us that if we had the chance to leave college after a national championship in order to make NBA money, we probably would (And he’s right)
- ESPN’s Ric Bucher wrote a solid article about Isaiah Thomas‘ tenure at FIU. While “Zeke” didn’t have the best record, his players loved playing for him, and they excelled in the classroom under his watch
- Basketball rivalry trophies? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, and yes.
- Fran Frascilla put together a fantastic list of breakout players to watch for next season
- Rush The Court provided a great list of instant impact transfers to be on the look out for in 2012-2013
- C.J Leslie will return to North Carolina State for his junior season. His presence will make the Wolf Pack one of the preseason favorites to win the ACC next season
- The U.S. Senate actually passed a bill congratulating Kentucky on their National Championship. Really fellas? Fix the BCS, fix expansionocalypse. Hell, fix transfer-blocking. But don’t waste tax-payer money on bills congratulating teams (Even though it probably doesn’t take more than 15 minutes to get done from start to finish)
- Speaking of the ACC, a lot of teams will see a lot of roster turnover in the off-season, which could make for an interesting 2012-2013 season
- Speaking of Toledo, they got some good news as well. Loyola’s Justin Drummond, the MAAC Sixth Man of the Year, is transferring in to their program
- USC-transfer Ari Stewart will not be charged with marijuana possession stemming from an arrest in February. Instead he will have to go through a drug diversion program
- This Zach Tomaselli character is a troubled human being. A week after claiming he lied about everything involving the Bernie Fine abuse allegations, he went back to his original statements
- VUHoops.com provides an update on the nonsensical MWC/C-USA merger fiasco
- UCLA and Texas will play a game next season at Reliant Stadium, the home of the Houston Texans, and the site of the 2011 Final Four
- This is said a lot, but it’s very true for Minnesota: Next season is a very important year for the Golden Gophers program
- Kim English, a college hoops media favorite, used game film and personal evaluation to improve his game this past season
Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Indiana will take on the SMU, Louisville, Georgetown, Butler and Pittsburgh before the New Year.
Aug 29, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
Rashad McCants claimed UNC steered him into phony classes.
Aug 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The 6-foot-2 guard has 30 days to appeal the decision.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
According to a report on Friday, a Kentucky sophomore earned a scholarship.
Aug 29, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Marcus Lewis defeated Cory Jefferson and Adreian Payne in the college slam dunk contest in April
Aug 29, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Dee Brown, a member of Illinois’ national runner-up team in 2005, would love to see Brunson in an Illinois uniform.
Aug 29, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball.
Aug 29, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Mitch McGary discusses the circumstances that led to his early departure.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
The teams expected by many to finish in the top five will all face each other twice in 2014-15.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Zach Johnson was a player the Eagles could have used to add some depth to their backcourt.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Four Pac-12 schools remain in the running for the services of the former Arizona commit.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Drew Edwards’ relationship with Providence head coach Ed Cooley was one reason why he chose PC.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Esa Ahmad’s list includes Ohio State and two other Big Ten programs.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Diamond Stone has cut his list to five schools, but just one has also offered friend Malik Newman.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
6-foot-10 forward/center Kavell Bigby-Williams would have given the Bobcats some additional size in the paint.
Aug 28, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Trayvon Reed, who was dismissed from the Maryland program following his arrest on multiple charges earlier this summer, will enroll at Auburn in December.
Aug 28, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
There are already five players on the team Galemmo coached that have committed to high major programs.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
He deserved it after the season his Eagle team had.
Aug 28, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
There’s now a reason why Charleston couldn’t hire their most famous alum.
Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
He’s only been at DePaul for four years.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)