Apr 19, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
As of now, nothing.
Duke released a statement on Thursday evening saying that ”Andre Dawkins remains a member of the Duke Basketball program. There is a possibility of him redshirting next season but no decision will be made on that until the fall.”
In other words, nothing has changed. So why release a statement?
Well, it seems that the rumors flying around Duke and their ever-so-trustworthy message boards are that Dawkins has been arrested. Or kicked off the team. Or suspended indefinitely. Or taking a trip to Mars for the next three years.
Duke fans think something is up, and through the power of the internet, it has caught the attention of the Duke administration. But it is unclear what, if anything, Dawkins has done to get himself into this situation. Admittedly, it’s weird that a school would release a statement saying, essentially, “move along folks, nothing to see here.”
It’s also weird that just days after former top 30 recruit Michael Gbinje announced that he would be transferring, more rumors surface about a Duke player leaving the program.
I guess we’ll just have to let this one play itself out.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?