Apr 19, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
SMU reportedly hired Larry Brown earlier this week, but he told the AP yesterday that “they haven’t offered me the job.”
Considering the former Kansas and UCLA coach reportedly has a staff in place and that staff’s already started contacting prospects, I’d say the job is Brown’s. Besides, would Adrian Wojnarowski film a SportsTalk segment discussing why the 71-year-old coach took the job and what we can expect if Brown hadn’t?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)