Apr 20, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
N.C. State’s not about to mess with the good thing it’s got going. So it’s aiming to keep everyone happy.
It announced a promotion for assistant Bobby Lutz on Friday, making him associate head coach. That likely includes a pay bump and some added responsibilities, but it’s mostly a reflection of how the team views Lutz. (And gives Lutz some added cache if he ever wants to pursue another head coaching gig.)
Lutz is under contract through next April.
Lutz was Charlotte’s coach for 12 seasons, logging three NCAA tournament appearances and five 20-win seasons in that time.
Coach Mark Gottfried says Lutz “adds an enormous amount of experience and expertise” to the staff that led the Wolfpack to their first NCAA tournament since 2006.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games