Apr 20, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Kyle Anderson, the co-star alongside Shabazz Muhammad in UCLA’s attempt to return to Pac-12 prominence, will have an MRI on his injured left thumb and may need surgery, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
“He will have an MRI within the next day or so,” Anderson’s father, Kyle Sr. told Zagoria. “He could possibly need surgery. I’m glad he was able to get through the all-star games.”
He reportedly injured his thumb when he jammed it in practice before a state final game earlier this year.
The report says that, if the MRI showed there was surgery required, he could miss up to three months.
Anderson led St. Anthony (N.J.) to its second straight undefeated season, this past year, finishing his career at the historic school with a 65-0 record.
He is a versatile, 6-8 point guard with superb court vision and the ability to see over defenses, which complements Muhammad, who is regarded as perhaps the best scorer in the nation.
Oak Hill’s Jordan Adams is also signed to play for coach Ben Howland.
The Bruins are also in the hunt for big man Tony Parker, who would help to round out a Top 5 recruiting class for 2012.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)