Apr 20, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Kyle Anderson, the co-star alongside Shabazz Muhammad in UCLA’s attempt to return to Pac-12 prominence, will have an MRI on his injured left thumb and may need surgery, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
“He will have an MRI within the next day or so,” Anderson’s father, Kyle Sr. told Zagoria. “He could possibly need surgery. I’m glad he was able to get through the all-star games.”
He reportedly injured his thumb when he jammed it in practice before a state final game earlier this year.
The report says that, if the MRI showed there was surgery required, he could miss up to three months.
Anderson led St. Anthony (N.J.) to its second straight undefeated season, this past year, finishing his career at the historic school with a 65-0 record.
He is a versatile, 6-8 point guard with superb court vision and the ability to see over defenses, which complements Muhammad, who is regarded as perhaps the best scorer in the nation.
Oak Hill’s Jordan Adams is also signed to play for coach Ben Howland.
The Bruins are also in the hunt for big man Tony Parker, who would help to round out a Top 5 recruiting class for 2012.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)