Apr 20, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
Kyle Anderson, the co-star alongside Shabazz Muhammad in UCLA’s attempt to return to Pac-12 prominence, will have an MRI on his injured left thumb and may need surgery, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
“He will have an MRI within the next day or so,” Anderson’s father, Kyle Sr. told Zagoria. “He could possibly need surgery. I’m glad he was able to get through the all-star games.”
He reportedly injured his thumb when he jammed it in practice before a state final game earlier this year.
The report says that, if the MRI showed there was surgery required, he could miss up to three months.
Anderson led St. Anthony (N.J.) to its second straight undefeated season, this past year, finishing his career at the historic school with a 65-0 record.
He is a versatile, 6-8 point guard with superb court vision and the ability to see over defenses, which complements Muhammad, who is regarded as perhaps the best scorer in the nation.
Oak Hill’s Jordan Adams is also signed to play for coach Ben Howland.
The Bruins are also in the hunt for big man Tony Parker, who would help to round out a Top 5 recruiting class for 2012.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)