Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Arizona forward Jesse Perry was arrested Friday on felony domestic violence charges, the Associated Press is reporting.
According to the AP, Perry turned himself in to Tuscon police after an effort by the university to locate him and “facilitate his surrender.”
Perry is set to graduate in May after exhausting his eligibility at Arizona.
According to a police statement about the incident, a woman was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after an argument allegedly took place at Perry’s apartment, which resulted, the woman said, in Perry assaulting her.
She was treated for her injuries and released.
Arizona put out a statement saying it was aware of the incident, but would not comment further.
Perry averaged 12.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Wildcats this past season, shooting 48% from the floor for a team that finished 23-12, but missed the NCAA tournament.
It is not clear if Perry has a lawyer.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)