Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Arizona forward Jesse Perry was arrested Friday on felony domestic violence charges, the Associated Press is reporting.
According to the AP, Perry turned himself in to Tuscon police after an effort by the university to locate him and “facilitate his surrender.”
Perry is set to graduate in May after exhausting his eligibility at Arizona.
According to a police statement about the incident, a woman was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after an argument allegedly took place at Perry’s apartment, which resulted, the woman said, in Perry assaulting her.
She was treated for her injuries and released.
Arizona put out a statement saying it was aware of the incident, but would not comment further.
Perry averaged 12.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Wildcats this past season, shooting 48% from the floor for a team that finished 23-12, but missed the NCAA tournament.
It is not clear if Perry has a lawyer.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)