Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Arizona forward Jesse Perry was arrested Friday on felony domestic violence charges, the Associated Press is reporting.
According to the AP, Perry turned himself in to Tuscon police after an effort by the university to locate him and “facilitate his surrender.”
Perry is set to graduate in May after exhausting his eligibility at Arizona.
According to a police statement about the incident, a woman was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after an argument allegedly took place at Perry’s apartment, which resulted, the woman said, in Perry assaulting her.
She was treated for her injuries and released.
Arizona put out a statement saying it was aware of the incident, but would not comment further.
Perry averaged 12.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Wildcats this past season, shooting 48% from the floor for a team that finished 23-12, but missed the NCAA tournament.
It is not clear if Perry has a lawyer.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)