Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Arizona forward Jesse Perry was arrested Friday on felony domestic violence charges, the Associated Press is reporting.
According to the AP, Perry turned himself in to Tuscon police after an effort by the university to locate him and “facilitate his surrender.”
Perry is set to graduate in May after exhausting his eligibility at Arizona.
According to a police statement about the incident, a woman was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after an argument allegedly took place at Perry’s apartment, which resulted, the woman said, in Perry assaulting her.
She was treated for her injuries and released.
Arizona put out a statement saying it was aware of the incident, but would not comment further.
Perry averaged 12.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Wildcats this past season, shooting 48% from the floor for a team that finished 23-12, but missed the NCAA tournament.
It is not clear if Perry has a lawyer.
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)