Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Arizona forward Jesse Perry was arrested Friday on felony domestic violence charges, the Associated Press is reporting.
According to the AP, Perry turned himself in to Tuscon police after an effort by the university to locate him and “facilitate his surrender.”
Perry is set to graduate in May after exhausting his eligibility at Arizona.
According to a police statement about the incident, a woman was taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after an argument allegedly took place at Perry’s apartment, which resulted, the woman said, in Perry assaulting her.
She was treated for her injuries and released.
Arizona put out a statement saying it was aware of the incident, but would not comment further.
Perry averaged 12.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Wildcats this past season, shooting 48% from the floor for a team that finished 23-12, but missed the NCAA tournament.
It is not clear if Perry has a lawyer.
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 0
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)