Apr 21, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
PITTSBURGH— The focus early Saturday morning on Day 2 of Hoop Group’s Pittsburgh Jam Fest centered on the Harrison twins, the 2013 Houston guard duo, both of whom are Top 5 prospects in the country.
The two, Andrew and Aaron, led an athletic Houston Defenders team to a first-round victory, with a bleacher full of college coaches looking on.
“Our lists are still open,” Andrew told NBCSports.com. “We have a top four, but that doesn’t mean another school can’t come up.”
The duo lists Kentucky, Maryland, Baylor, and Villanova as the leading programs at this point.
Kansas assistant Norm Roberts was in attendance to watch the Defenders win, as was Maryland head coach Mark Turgeon.
Harrison also made one thing clear: they will choose a school as a duo and are set on playing together in college.
“We’re definitely a package deal,” said Aaron. “One-hundred percent.”
They are coached by their father, Aaron Sr., with the Defenders and attend Travis High School (Tx.).
Photo Credit: @DaveKrupinski/Hoop Group
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)