Apr 21, 2012, 9:24 PM EST
There was no coaching change, as we will many times see in the “spring transfer season,” but there will be another change at Marquette.
The Associated Press is reporting that Marquette head coach Buzz Williams has agreed to release Texas native Aaron Durley from his letter of intent and allow him to sign with another school.
Durley is a 6-10 center from Fort Bend Bush (Tex.) who was being recruited by programs that include Chattanooga and South Florida before his commitment to Marquette.
The rather routine practice of releasing players from letters of intent or allowing current players to transfer has been under scrutiny lately, as Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan restricted forward Jerrod Uthoff from transferring to a number of institutions.
Marquette now has three players signed to its program from the Class of 2012, including Top 100 guard Steve Taylor.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)