Apr 21, 2012, 9:24 PM EST
There was no coaching change, as we will many times see in the “spring transfer season,” but there will be another change at Marquette.
The Associated Press is reporting that Marquette head coach Buzz Williams has agreed to release Texas native Aaron Durley from his letter of intent and allow him to sign with another school.
Durley is a 6-10 center from Fort Bend Bush (Tex.) who was being recruited by programs that include Chattanooga and South Florida before his commitment to Marquette.
The rather routine practice of releasing players from letters of intent or allowing current players to transfer has been under scrutiny lately, as Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan restricted forward Jerrod Uthoff from transferring to a number of institutions.
Marquette now has three players signed to its program from the Class of 2012, including Top 100 guard Steve Taylor.
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)