Apr 21, 2012, 9:24 PM EDT
There was no coaching change, as we will many times see in the “spring transfer season,” but there will be another change at Marquette.
The Associated Press is reporting that Marquette head coach Buzz Williams has agreed to release Texas native Aaron Durley from his letter of intent and allow him to sign with another school.
Durley is a 6-10 center from Fort Bend Bush (Tex.) who was being recruited by programs that include Chattanooga and South Florida before his commitment to Marquette.
The rather routine practice of releasing players from letters of intent or allowing current players to transfer has been under scrutiny lately, as Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan restricted forward Jerrod Uthoff from transferring to a number of institutions.
Marquette now has three players signed to its program from the Class of 2012, including Top 100 guard Steve Taylor.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)