Apr 21, 2012, 9:24 PM EDT
There was no coaching change, as we will many times see in the “spring transfer season,” but there will be another change at Marquette.
The Associated Press is reporting that Marquette head coach Buzz Williams has agreed to release Texas native Aaron Durley from his letter of intent and allow him to sign with another school.
Durley is a 6-10 center from Fort Bend Bush (Tex.) who was being recruited by programs that include Chattanooga and South Florida before his commitment to Marquette.
The rather routine practice of releasing players from letters of intent or allowing current players to transfer has been under scrutiny lately, as Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan restricted forward Jerrod Uthoff from transferring to a number of institutions.
Marquette now has three players signed to its program from the Class of 2012, including Top 100 guard Steve Taylor.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)