Apr 21, 2012, 9:24 PM EST
There was no coaching change, as we will many times see in the “spring transfer season,” but there will be another change at Marquette.
The Associated Press is reporting that Marquette head coach Buzz Williams has agreed to release Texas native Aaron Durley from his letter of intent and allow him to sign with another school.
Durley is a 6-10 center from Fort Bend Bush (Tex.) who was being recruited by programs that include Chattanooga and South Florida before his commitment to Marquette.
The rather routine practice of releasing players from letters of intent or allowing current players to transfer has been under scrutiny lately, as Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan restricted forward Jerrod Uthoff from transferring to a number of institutions.
Marquette now has three players signed to its program from the Class of 2012, including Top 100 guard Steve Taylor.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)