Apr 21, 2012, 8:58 AM EDT
After being one of six players from NIA Prep (N.J.) ruled academically ineligible by the NCAA, former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes is beginning the same process he took part in one year ago, reports Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.
Rhoomes, who averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds in 2010-11, is currently taking online classes, according to the report, and is considering suitors that include Temple, Virginia Tech, Fordham, Hofstra, and St. John’s.
He reportedly wants to stay close to home, much closer than his original commitment to TCU.
“I spoke to [St. John's coach Steve] Lavin about two weeks ago,” Cardozo (N.Y) coach Ron Naclerio told Zagoria. “I spoke to the Temple people and I spoke to Shaheen [Holloway] of Seton Hall.
“Now we have to see what schools he’s going to visit officially and unofficially and pick a college.”
Rhoomes is a 6-9, 210-pound forward who, during his high school career, was a two-star prospect.
He has the athleticism and size to be an impact player at the Division I level, so long as he qualifies, which he expects to.
The letter of intent, which Rhoomes signed with TCU last year, expires after one year, which keeps him from being bound to the Horned Frogs.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights