Apr 22, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
On Friday afternoon, Michigan State center Adriean Payne was involved in a car accident driving east on I-70 in Ohio according to Diamond Leung of the mlive.com.
And luckily for Payne he emerged from the wreck in good health.
The culprit in the accident that featured three drivers with one being reported as injured: a deer.
A deer ran out into the middle of the interstate, triggering the wreck that led Payne to tweet the words, “I should not be here. God blessed me. I was in a car accident someone hit me on the highway…”
Payne also tweeted a picture of his car, and by the looks of it this was a pretty serious accident that the rising junior from Dayton was involved in.
Payne will have an expanded role in 2012-13 with the departure of Draymond Green, and the 2011-12 Academic All-Big Ten selection has the potential to improve a great deal.
Missing an extended period of time due to injury would have thrown those hopes for a loop, so in that sense it’s good to hear that Payne left the accident with a clean bill of health.
But even more important than the basketball aspect is the fact that he was able to walk away from his car.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games