Apr 22, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
PITTSBURGH–Frank Martin isn’t afraid to speak out against the NCAA, as he showed in an NCAA tournament broadcast this March.
So, with that in mind, read what Martin had to say Saturday night, after wrapping up another day of spring recruiting.
“Thanks 2 the NCAA 4 allowing us out n April 2 recruit in AAU events,” he tweeted from his account, @FrankMartin_SC. “Get 2 eval a lot &spend time w colleagues. Productive weekend so far.”
Perhaps it was really a sincere thank you to the NCAA for relaxing its recruiting rules to allow college coaches out in the spring period, but it had the sound of a subtle critique.
“Allowing us out,” sounds like the kind of language one would use toward an overprotective mother, as you try to get out of being grounded for the weekend.
In a way, coaches are “no longer grounded” and can freely recruit in the spring. But, hey. Perhaps it’s just speculation.
At Hoop Group’s Pittsburgh Jam Fest, Jamie Dixon, Mark Turgeon, John Calipari, Stan Heath, and Martin himself came out to evaluate prospects.
Martin is beginning to get acclimated at South Carolina, having moved over from Kansas State after the season.
The Gamecocks currently have five players committed from the Class of 2012. They will be looking to improve on a 10-21 record this past season, which came under former coach Darrin Horn.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4