Apr 23, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tony Parker laid out the hats of four possible college destinations on a table in front of him at a press conference Monday afternoon at Miller Grove High School (Ga.).
After a lengthy ceremony, Parker announced that he would head to Westwood and play for Ben Howland at UCLA.
The 6-9, 270-pound native of Lithonia, Ga., chose the Bruins over Ohio State, Kansas, Duke, Georgia, and Memphis.
This past season, Parker averaged 16.8 points, 11 rebounds, and three blocks per game for a Miller Grove (Ga.) team that finished 24-9.
Parker joins a UCLA team that has already scored signatures from Top 5 players Kyle Anderson of St. Anthony (N.J.) and Shabazz Muhammad of Bishop Gorman (Nev.). Jordan Adams of Oak Hill (Va.) is also signed to the class.
The addition of the big man Parker solidifies a Top 3 recruiting class in the country, up at the top with Kentucky and Arizona.
Korey McCray, who coached Parker in AAU, is on staff at UCLA as an assistant.
The Bruins are coming off a 19-14 season, including 11-7 in the Pac-12. They finished sixth in the conference.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)