Apr 23, 2012, 1:07 AM EST
According to sources of Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner is considering St. John’s as a potential destination.
The Sacramento native has experience playing in New York City, as he was named MVP of the IS8/Nike Spring Championship title game in the spring of 2011.
Turner, who was suspended on multiple occasions at Arizona before announcing that he would transfer, is expected to leave Arizona in good academic standing.
Immensely talented, Turner couldn’t stay out of his own way when it came to off-court issues. He averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Wildcats in 2011-12.
Steve Lavin did add two recruits to his 2012 class but neither is a point guard and that’s a position where the Red Storm could use some help.
Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will help things next season and they still have D’Angelo Harrison, but another ball-handler would be a nice pickup for St. John’s.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)