Apr 23, 2012, 1:07 AM EDT
According to sources of Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner is considering St. John’s as a potential destination.
The Sacramento native has experience playing in New York City, as he was named MVP of the IS8/Nike Spring Championship title game in the spring of 2011.
Turner, who was suspended on multiple occasions at Arizona before announcing that he would transfer, is expected to leave Arizona in good academic standing.
Immensely talented, Turner couldn’t stay out of his own way when it came to off-court issues. He averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Wildcats in 2011-12.
Steve Lavin did add two recruits to his 2012 class but neither is a point guard and that’s a position where the Red Storm could use some help.
Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will help things next season and they still have D’Angelo Harrison, but another ball-handler would be a nice pickup for St. John’s.
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 1
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)