Apr 23, 2012, 1:07 AM EDT
According to sources of Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner is considering St. John’s as a potential destination.
The Sacramento native has experience playing in New York City, as he was named MVP of the IS8/Nike Spring Championship title game in the spring of 2011.
Turner, who was suspended on multiple occasions at Arizona before announcing that he would transfer, is expected to leave Arizona in good academic standing.
Immensely talented, Turner couldn’t stay out of his own way when it came to off-court issues. He averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Wildcats in 2011-12.
Steve Lavin did add two recruits to his 2012 class but neither is a point guard and that’s a position where the Red Storm could use some help.
Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will help things next season and they still have D’Angelo Harrison, but another ball-handler would be a nice pickup for St. John’s.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)