Apr 23, 2012, 1:07 AM EST
According to sources of Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner is considering St. John’s as a potential destination.
The Sacramento native has experience playing in New York City, as he was named MVP of the IS8/Nike Spring Championship title game in the spring of 2011.
Turner, who was suspended on multiple occasions at Arizona before announcing that he would transfer, is expected to leave Arizona in good academic standing.
Immensely talented, Turner couldn’t stay out of his own way when it came to off-court issues. He averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Wildcats in 2011-12.
Steve Lavin did add two recruits to his 2012 class but neither is a point guard and that’s a position where the Red Storm could use some help.
Texas A&M transfer Jamal Branch will help things next season and they still have D’Angelo Harrison, but another ball-handler would be a nice pickup for St. John’s.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)