Apr 23, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Former South Carolina Gamecock Anthony Gill has decided that he will transfer to Virginia.
Gill started 26 games last season for USC, averaging 7.6 points and 4.7 rebounds. He made the decision to transfer when Frank Martin took over for Darrin Horn.
Gill was briefly recruited by North Carolina and also visited Ohio State, but ultimately decided to continue his career under Tony Bennett. It’s an important addition for the future for the Cavs, as they lost Assane Sene and Mike Scott to graduation and have seen four of the six members of Bennett’s first recruiting class at UVA transfer.
“He can shoot the mid-ranger and he even shot 3s while he was at South Carolina,” Shonn Brown, Gill’s former coach at Charlotte (N.C.) Christian High, told The Daily Progress of Charlottesville, VA. “He rebounds well, finishes well, has great hands, has a very high IQ for the game, has really good athleticism. I think coach [Darrin] Horn and his staff did a great job of working on his body physically. He has a lot of stuff to offer a program—with the number one thing being that he’s a great person and that he’s very coachable. He’s willing to do a lot of things to work hard and be successful, including in the classroom because the most important thing for him at the end of the day is getting a degree from a great institution.”
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)