Apr 23, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Former South Carolina Gamecock Anthony Gill has decided that he will transfer to Virginia.
Gill started 26 games last season for USC, averaging 7.6 points and 4.7 rebounds. He made the decision to transfer when Frank Martin took over for Darrin Horn.
Gill was briefly recruited by North Carolina and also visited Ohio State, but ultimately decided to continue his career under Tony Bennett. It’s an important addition for the future for the Cavs, as they lost Assane Sene and Mike Scott to graduation and have seen four of the six members of Bennett’s first recruiting class at UVA transfer.
“He can shoot the mid-ranger and he even shot 3s while he was at South Carolina,” Shonn Brown, Gill’s former coach at Charlotte (N.C.) Christian High, told The Daily Progress of Charlottesville, VA. “He rebounds well, finishes well, has great hands, has a very high IQ for the game, has really good athleticism. I think coach [Darrin] Horn and his staff did a great job of working on his body physically. He has a lot of stuff to offer a program—with the number one thing being that he’s a great person and that he’s very coachable. He’s willing to do a lot of things to work hard and be successful, including in the classroom because the most important thing for him at the end of the day is getting a degree from a great institution.”
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)