Apr 23, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Former South Carolina Gamecock Anthony Gill has decided that he will transfer to Virginia.
Gill started 26 games last season for USC, averaging 7.6 points and 4.7 rebounds. He made the decision to transfer when Frank Martin took over for Darrin Horn.
Gill was briefly recruited by North Carolina and also visited Ohio State, but ultimately decided to continue his career under Tony Bennett. It’s an important addition for the future for the Cavs, as they lost Assane Sene and Mike Scott to graduation and have seen four of the six members of Bennett’s first recruiting class at UVA transfer.
“He can shoot the mid-ranger and he even shot 3s while he was at South Carolina,” Shonn Brown, Gill’s former coach at Charlotte (N.C.) Christian High, told The Daily Progress of Charlottesville, VA. “He rebounds well, finishes well, has great hands, has a very high IQ for the game, has really good athleticism. I think coach [Darrin] Horn and his staff did a great job of working on his body physically. He has a lot of stuff to offer a program—with the number one thing being that he’s a great person and that he’s very coachable. He’s willing to do a lot of things to work hard and be successful, including in the classroom because the most important thing for him at the end of the day is getting a degree from a great institution.”
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)