Apr 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read of the day comes from Mark Giannotto of the Washington Post, who wrote a brilliant article about the astonishingly high number of transfers in college hoops, and why we are likely to see even more in the future
-Speaking of transfers, Mike Huguenin put together a great list of guys who will be sorely missed by their former teams
- The law firm of Parrish & Goodman (Or is it Goodman & Parrish?) made their picks concerning the futures of high-profile underclassmen
- San Francisco lost five players already due to transferring, but the Dons have picked up a pair of high-profile transfers themselves
- Wake Forest transfer Tony Chennault is close to finalizing his decision to attend Villanova
- Highly touted big-man Tony Parker is supposed to make his college decision later today. But he’s already pushed it back like nine times, so you never know what could happen
- Gerardo Suero led the Albany Danes in scoring last season. In fact, he was ranked seventh in the country in scoring. But the 6-4 guard has decided to leave school after his junior year in order to pursue a professional career
- Wisconsin-transfer Jared Uthoff finally told his side of the story to Fox Sports Wisconsin. You should all know who Uthoff is by now. If not, you clearly were out of the country last week
- Roscoe Smith is leaving UConn. He becomes the fifth player to depart the program this offseason
- Redshirt junior guard Mark Lyons has decided to transfer out of Xavier. Arizona is thought to be a possible landing point, considering that head coach Sean Miller coached at Xavier before he took the job at Arizona
- Speaking of Arizona, Junior forward Jesse Perry was arrested on domestic violence charges over the weekend. That can’t be a good thing, not for Perry or the program. Two off-seasons ago there was a rash of domestic violence charges among college basketball players. Lets hope this isn’t the start of another one of those ugly streaks
- North Carolina A&T found their new head coach. Cy Alexander, who has coached at Tennessee State and South Carolina State, will lead an Aggies team that finished 12-20 last season
- If there’s one thing that Frank MArtin certainly isn’t at a loss for, it is confidence. When he took the K-State job after Bob Huggins, let, he was confident he could turn the program around, which he did. Now he’s confident he can do the same thing at South Carolina
- Kansas guard Elijah Johnson had successful arthroscopic knee surgery and will be good to go sometime in the summer
- Could Anthony Davis become a member of the USA olympic team before ever playing in the NBA? With Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum out of the Olympics, Davis could become the first non-pro to suit up for Team USA since Christian Laettner in 1992. Speaking of Davis, he threw out the first pitch at the Kentucky/LSU baseball game on Sunday. He did significantly better than John Wall
- Cardiac Hill, the entertaining and insightful Pitt Panthers blog, does a phenomenal job explaining the new NCAA student-athlete eligibility changes that will go into effect in 2015
- Florida’s Patric Young is more of a man than any of you reading this right now. Just take a look at his workout regime
- Here is video of Terrence Jones riding a mechanical bull, if you’re in to that sorta thing
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Zach Lofton was expected to develop into a more efficient player during his year sitting out per NCAA transfer rules.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Monson is four wins away from becoming Long Beach State’s winningest coach.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure will wear Buffalo Braves-inspired uniforms for their doubleheader November 29.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
North Carolina’s Marcus Paige was the media pick to win ACC Player of the Year.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Toledo’s defense will be the key to their NCAA tournament bid.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Keith Thomas was expected to start for the Johnnies.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MAC is sure to be one of the more intriguing mid-major leagues during the 2014-15 season.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
How can Texas build off of last seasons surprising success?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Who would you pick in first, UConn or SMU?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
CBT’s rankings of the best wings in college basketball heading into the 2014-15 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The JuCo transfer guard is expected to have an impact in his first season in Stillwater.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Syracuse big man was limited to only 12 games during the 2014-2015 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Arguably the top point guard in the junior class, and a consensus top 10 recruit in the Class of 2016 has narrowed his list of offers to just 10.
Oct 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Gib Arnold was entering his fifth season at Hawaii
Oct 28, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
One of the nation’s top lead guards — on one of the best mid-major teams — is as hungry as he is entertaining.
Oct 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The 6-foot-5 junior guard is looking to bounce back after a sophomore slump.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)