Apr 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read of the day comes from Mark Giannotto of the Washington Post, who wrote a brilliant article about the astonishingly high number of transfers in college hoops, and why we are likely to see even more in the future
-Speaking of transfers, Mike Huguenin put together a great list of guys who will be sorely missed by their former teams
- The law firm of Parrish & Goodman (Or is it Goodman & Parrish?) made their picks concerning the futures of high-profile underclassmen
- San Francisco lost five players already due to transferring, but the Dons have picked up a pair of high-profile transfers themselves
- Wake Forest transfer Tony Chennault is close to finalizing his decision to attend Villanova
- Highly touted big-man Tony Parker is supposed to make his college decision later today. But he’s already pushed it back like nine times, so you never know what could happen
- Gerardo Suero led the Albany Danes in scoring last season. In fact, he was ranked seventh in the country in scoring. But the 6-4 guard has decided to leave school after his junior year in order to pursue a professional career
- Wisconsin-transfer Jared Uthoff finally told his side of the story to Fox Sports Wisconsin. You should all know who Uthoff is by now. If not, you clearly were out of the country last week
- Roscoe Smith is leaving UConn. He becomes the fifth player to depart the program this offseason
- Redshirt junior guard Mark Lyons has decided to transfer out of Xavier. Arizona is thought to be a possible landing point, considering that head coach Sean Miller coached at Xavier before he took the job at Arizona
- Speaking of Arizona, Junior forward Jesse Perry was arrested on domestic violence charges over the weekend. That can’t be a good thing, not for Perry or the program. Two off-seasons ago there was a rash of domestic violence charges among college basketball players. Lets hope this isn’t the start of another one of those ugly streaks
- North Carolina A&T found their new head coach. Cy Alexander, who has coached at Tennessee State and South Carolina State, will lead an Aggies team that finished 12-20 last season
- If there’s one thing that Frank MArtin certainly isn’t at a loss for, it is confidence. When he took the K-State job after Bob Huggins, let, he was confident he could turn the program around, which he did. Now he’s confident he can do the same thing at South Carolina
- Kansas guard Elijah Johnson had successful arthroscopic knee surgery and will be good to go sometime in the summer
- Could Anthony Davis become a member of the USA olympic team before ever playing in the NBA? With Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum out of the Olympics, Davis could become the first non-pro to suit up for Team USA since Christian Laettner in 1992. Speaking of Davis, he threw out the first pitch at the Kentucky/LSU baseball game on Sunday. He did significantly better than John Wall
- Cardiac Hill, the entertaining and insightful Pitt Panthers blog, does a phenomenal job explaining the new NCAA student-athlete eligibility changes that will go into effect in 2015
- Florida’s Patric Young is more of a man than any of you reading this right now. Just take a look at his workout regime
- Here is video of Terrence Jones riding a mechanical bull, if you’re in to that sorta thing
Apr 19, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
UNLV has added another player to its 2014 recruiting class, as shooting guard Patrick McCaw verbally committed to the Mountain West program.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Arizona State has made another addition to its roster, landing a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Forward Zach LeDay has decided to leave the USF program after spending two seasons in Tampa.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
New Florida A&M AD Kellen Winslow Sr. has already decided that the basketball program needs a new leader, as head coach Clemon Johnson was relieved of his duties Friday.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Will highly-touted Colombian center Tonny Trocha-Morelos finally be joining the Texas A&M program?
Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Michigan had some open scholarships following the 2014 NBA Draft departures of Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and they filled one of those on Saturday with a commitment from senior guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Gonzaga will have a very tough non-conference slate during the 2014-15 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Two-and-through sounds more and more likely to happen.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce are following former Golden Eagles coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech as the duo committed to the Hokies on Saturday morning.
POSTERIZED: SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay flushes a ridiculous alley-oop during Jordan Brand Classic (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay put down the best dunk at the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Northern Illinois extended the contract of head coach Mark Montgomery through the 2017-18 season.
Chicago duo Jahlil Okafor, Cliff Alexander earn MVP honors as East beats West in Jordan Brand Classic
Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Chicago natives Jahlil Okafor and Cliff Alexander earned MVP honors as the East beat the West in the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Houston is allowing Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas to transfer, but only to certain programs.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Indiana grabbed a commitment from a 2014 center on Friday night.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Miami forward James Kelly is moving on.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
It was a busy day for the Butler Bulldogs on Friday as freshman guard Elijah Brown intends to transfer while former Indiana wing Austin Etherington will transfer to the Big East program.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Ole Miss picked up a big graduate transfer on Friday when former Tennessee State forward M.J. Rhett signed with the Rebels.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
St. John’s received some big news this week as sophomore center Chris Obekpa decided to stay in New York.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman forward Marcus Lee will return to Lexington for his sophomore season.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
After leading Georgia State to 25 wins and a Sun Belt regular season title, Ron Hunter has been rewarded with a contract extension.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)