Apr 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- A fantastic-read on what the high school recruit can do to take back the power
- Rush The Court believes that Larry Brown could actually be successful at SMU….This should be interesting. Brown is 72-years old. How is he going to be able to recruit top-level players?
- Dick Vitale drops his top-40 rankings for the 2012-2013 season. Read it, BABY!
- Once again, Mike DeCourcy nailed it on the head
- Dana O’Neil previews a strong list of impact transfers to watch for next season
- Josiah Turner, the oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, could be headed to St. John’s. Around this same time last year, another oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, Lamont “MoMo” Jones, was also considering St. John’s
- ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla is reportedly a strong candidate for the North Texas head coach opening
- Xavier-transfer Mark Lyons is being sought after by some of the heavy-hitters in college hoops: Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona
- Virginia Tech fired head coach Seth Greenberg yesterday after nine years on the job. Some thoughts on the firing from the VaTech blogosphere. But Jeff Goodman explains the situation perfectly. Make sure you read this
- Highly touted big-man Tony Parker has decided to attend UCLA. The Bruins have a loaded recruiting class coming in, but does that mean they will be a better team next season? Four years ago, Ben Howland brought in a loaded recruiting class, and it turned out to be nothing but mediocrity. In short, bringing in a fantastic recruiting class doesn’t ensure success
- Mississippi Valley State head coach Sean Woods is expected to interview with Southern Miss for their opening due to Larry Eustachy’s departure for Colorado State. Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis is also in the running, and has the track record deserving of this job
- Albany was supposed to be the favorites to win the America East Conference heading in to next season. But in the past 70 hours, the two best players for the Danes have decided to leave school. But despite this, head coach Will Brown has been given a two-year extension with the school
Mar 9, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 22 Michigan State vs. Ohio State, 4:30 p.m. (CBS) The Spartans were the top-ranked team in the nation for several weeks earlier this season. Michigan State is now toward the bottom of the top-25 with a rivalry game against Ohio State rounding out its regular season on Sunday. Can Sparty…
Mar 9, 2014, 3:10 AM EDT
No. 4 Duke and No. 10 San Diego State picked up big home wins, and Eastern Kentucky became the second team into the NCAA tournament field on a busy Saturday.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
New Mexico led by 16 with 12:05 remaining. And then their inability to adjust to San Diego State’s 1-3-1 zone cost them the Mountain West title.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
No. 10 San Diego State overcomes a 16-point second half deficit as they knock off No. 21 New Mexico and bring home a Mountain West title. But should that change how we view the Aztecs?
Mar 9, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
North Carolina shot nearly 60%, but getting whipped on the boards cost them dearly at Cameron.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood both went off for No. 4 Duke as the Blue Devils smacked around North Carolina. Does that mean we can call them a Final Four team again?
Mar 8, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
Get caught up on all of Saturday’s bubble action
Mar 8, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Creighton’s senior forward scored his 3,000th career point on Saturday night. Only seven other players have reached that total.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Get to know the second entry into the 2014 NCAA Tournament field, the Eastern Kentucky Colonels.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
No. 3 Arizona hasn’t been the best perimeter shooting team, but they’ve been able to make up for that on most days. That wasn’t the case against Oregon, and the struggles of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Gabe York didn’t help either.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
Texas A&M celebrated Senior Day on Saturday and it included honoring former high school signee Tobi Oyedeji, who was tragically killed in a car accident in 2010 and never played for the school.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Oregon wins its seventh straight, and the Ducks likely punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament with the win over No. 3 Arizona.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
No. 19 UConn has struggled to crack 70 points during a recent six-game stretch and it could lead to an early exit for the Huskies in the postseason.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The top seed in next week’s American Athletic Conference was determined by an old school method Saturday afternoon.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The Shockers are now one step closer to entering Selection Sunday undefeated.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
As Louisville sophomore forward Montrezl Harrell puts up huge numbers against great competition in the last few weeks are the Cardinals a threat to make a run at back-to-back national titles?
Mar 8, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
No. 16 Iowa State comes from 16 points back to beat Marcus Smart and Oklahoma State, but even with the loss, the Cowboys looked even more dangerous. Read why.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
No. 8 Kansas fell on the road to West Virginia on Saturday, but the Jayhawks will take the loss knowing that the superstar version of Andrew Wiggins might have finally come to life.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
Just how concerned should we be by Kentucky’s struggles over the last two weeks?
Mar 8, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart has developed a reputation for flopping this season. Don’t, for a second, think that opposing student sections haven’t noticed.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)