Apr 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- A fantastic-read on what the high school recruit can do to take back the power
– Rush The Court believes that Larry Brown could actually be successful at SMU….This should be interesting. Brown is 72-years old. How is he going to be able to recruit top-level players?
– Dick Vitale drops his top-40 rankings for the 2012-2013 season. Read it, BABY!
– Once again, Mike DeCourcy nailed it on the head
– Dana O’Neil previews a strong list of impact transfers to watch for next season
– Josiah Turner, the oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, could be headed to St. John’s. Around this same time last year, another oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, Lamont “MoMo” Jones, was also considering St. John’s
– ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla is reportedly a strong candidate for the North Texas head coach opening
– Xavier-transfer Mark Lyons is being sought after by some of the heavy-hitters in college hoops: Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona
– Virginia Tech fired head coach Seth Greenberg yesterday after nine years on the job. Some thoughts on the firing from the VaTech blogosphere. But Jeff Goodman explains the situation perfectly. Make sure you read this
– Highly touted big-man Tony Parker has decided to attend UCLA. The Bruins have a loaded recruiting class coming in, but does that mean they will be a better team next season? Four years ago, Ben Howland brought in a loaded recruiting class, and it turned out to be nothing but mediocrity. In short, bringing in a fantastic recruiting class doesn’t ensure success
– Mississippi Valley State head coach Sean Woods is expected to interview with Southern Miss for their opening due to Larry Eustachy’s departure for Colorado State. Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis is also in the running, and has the track record deserving of this job
– Albany was supposed to be the favorites to win the America East Conference heading in to next season. But in the past 70 hours, the two best players for the Danes have decided to leave school. But despite this, head coach Will Brown has been given a two-year extension with the school
Feb 1, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
Florida State had a rough start, but managed to rally and knock off in-state rival Miami.
Feb 1, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Duke’s road win at Virginia was one of the most shocking results of the college basketball season.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Missouri has more issues off-the-floor as a freshman guard is suspended.
Feb 1, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Holy Cross senior forward Malcolm Miller makes a case for the college dunk contest in a new video.
The end of the Division II Drury/Quincy game is one of the best college basketball finishes of the year (VIDEO)
Feb 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
The ending to a college basketball game doesn’t get much better than this.
Feb 1, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
With the impending football game, not a lot of college hoops on Sunday.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:43 PM EST
Andrew Papenfus made his season debut for the Broncos Saturday night, just over three months after a benign tumor was removed from his brain.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:42 PM EST
Kendall Anthony scored 20 points in the second half to lead Richmond to the 64-55 win, but the status of Weber is VCU’s greatest concern.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
No. 4 Duke lands a stunning, come-from-behind win over No. 2 Virginia.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
In the midst of Louisville’s comeback from an 18-point deficit, Montrezl Harrell showed why he’s considered to be one of the best athletes in college basketball.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:02 PM EST
Louisville outscored North Carolina by 16 from the foul line and by 15 in second-chance points, which helped them erase an 18-point second half deficit.
Jan 31, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Also of note Saturday afternoon was No. 18 Northern Iowa rolling past No. 12 Wichita State.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:39 PM EST
UNI went on a 22-6 run over a ten-plus minute stretch as they moved into a tie for first in the Missouri Valley.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:11 PM EST
Jerian Grant, Notre Dame see comeback fall short at Pitt.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:34 PM EST
Trevor Lacey makes one of the best buzzer-beaters of the season to give N.C. State a road win at Georgia Tech.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
Florida’s Alex Murphy with a nominee for Saturday’s dunk of the day.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Bruce Pearl received a warm ovation from Tennessee fans in his first game back as an opposing head coach.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:34 PM EST
Illinois will continue to be without two injured guards as both players were suspended indefinitely.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
A tumultuous season gets worse for UMBC.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Raheem Appleby showed surprising hops as the 6-foot-4 guard threw down a solid dunk over a Western Kentucky defender.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)