Apr 24, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- A fantastic-read on what the high school recruit can do to take back the power
- Rush The Court believes that Larry Brown could actually be successful at SMU….This should be interesting. Brown is 72-years old. How is he going to be able to recruit top-level players?
- Dick Vitale drops his top-40 rankings for the 2012-2013 season. Read it, BABY!
- Once again, Mike DeCourcy nailed it on the head
- Dana O’Neil previews a strong list of impact transfers to watch for next season
- Josiah Turner, the oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, could be headed to St. John’s. Around this same time last year, another oft-troubled former-Arizona guard, Lamont “MoMo” Jones, was also considering St. John’s
- ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla is reportedly a strong candidate for the North Texas head coach opening
- Xavier-transfer Mark Lyons is being sought after by some of the heavy-hitters in college hoops: Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona
- Virginia Tech fired head coach Seth Greenberg yesterday after nine years on the job. Some thoughts on the firing from the VaTech blogosphere. But Jeff Goodman explains the situation perfectly. Make sure you read this
- Highly touted big-man Tony Parker has decided to attend UCLA. The Bruins have a loaded recruiting class coming in, but does that mean they will be a better team next season? Four years ago, Ben Howland brought in a loaded recruiting class, and it turned out to be nothing but mediocrity. In short, bringing in a fantastic recruiting class doesn’t ensure success
- Mississippi Valley State head coach Sean Woods is expected to interview with Southern Miss for their opening due to Larry Eustachy’s departure for Colorado State. Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis is also in the running, and has the track record deserving of this job
- Albany was supposed to be the favorites to win the America East Conference heading in to next season. But in the past 70 hours, the two best players for the Danes have decided to leave school. But despite this, head coach Will Brown has been given a two-year extension with the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
The highly athletic wing is back on the market, but he’s yet to be cleared academically.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Mayo’s decision means that Marquette has to replace its top four scorers from last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Just over a month after landing a junior college guard, the Rebels have their second commit in the Class of 2015.
Jul 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
UCLA is holding out hope that John Wooden Court can be salvaged, but if not they’ll have time to replace it.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Larrier is the best recruit that Shaka Smart has landed at VCU.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
After averaging 16.0 points per game as a freshman, the South Plains College guard is looking to become a better lead guard as a sophomore.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s Dayton’s third commitment from the Class of 2015
Jul 30, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Oregon is now left with just nine scholarship players, only two of whom saw significant minutes last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Coggins will be heading back closer to his Southern California home
Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Rising sophomore forward Duncan Robinson played his freshman year at Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts, but could be on the move for next season.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
UCLA reopened Pauley Pavilion in 2012 after $136 million worth of renovations.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
The UCLA campus became flooded on Tuesday afternoon.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Mike Krzyzewski is entering his 40th season as a head coach.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Doug Wojcik has been investigated twice by the College of Charleston.
Jul 29, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Cal told The Sporting News that he couldn’t leave behind the guys that decided to return to school. Do you buy it?
Jul 29, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
A former UK coach gave his listeners some new details about Willie Cauley-Stein’s injury.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)