Apr 24, 2012, 9:35 AM EST
Iowa State didn’t have much playing room for center Jordan Railey last season. (An off-the-court incident last summer also didn’t help.)
Maybe a trip to the West Coast will help.
The 6-10 will transfer to Washington State, per Jeff Goodman. Ken Bone’s team could use the size – seems that’s been true for every Pac-12 school except for UCLA the last four years – and depth up front. Railey isn’t overly skilled but will probably have a chance to start after he sits out a season, according to NCAA transfer rules. When Brock Motum graduates after the 2012-13 season, that’ll be anyone’s spot.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)