Apr 24, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Iowa State didn’t have much playing room for center Jordan Railey last season. (An off-the-court incident last summer also didn’t help.)
Maybe a trip to the West Coast will help.
The 6-10 will transfer to Washington State, per Jeff Goodman. Ken Bone’s team could use the size – seems that’s been true for every Pac-12 school except for UCLA the last four years – and depth up front. Railey isn’t overly skilled but will probably have a chance to start after he sits out a season, according to NCAA transfer rules. When Brock Motum graduates after the 2012-13 season, that’ll be anyone’s spot.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)