Apr 24, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Iowa State didn’t have much playing room for center Jordan Railey last season. (An off-the-court incident last summer also didn’t help.)
Maybe a trip to the West Coast will help.
The 6-10 will transfer to Washington State, per Jeff Goodman. Ken Bone’s team could use the size – seems that’s been true for every Pac-12 school except for UCLA the last four years – and depth up front. Railey isn’t overly skilled but will probably have a chance to start after he sits out a season, according to NCAA transfer rules. When Brock Motum graduates after the 2012-13 season, that’ll be anyone’s spot.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1