Apr 25, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Mike Huguenin provides his top-ten recruiting rankings for the upcoming season
– Jeff Goodman provides a comprehensive list of all the early season tournaments that will take place next season
– Mike DeCourcy believes Mark Emmert needs to be more clear about the college experience, specifically the “one and done” rule
– Florida International sophomore Dominique Ferguson is declaring for the draft. Why you ask? Because when the school fired head coach Isaiah Thomas, Ferguson asked for his scholarship release. The school refused, so Ferguson is taking his talents to the next level. Less than a moth into the offseason, it looks like we have our hot-button issue of the summer: transfer-blocking
– Baylor freshman Quincy Miller made a smart decision by announcing his intentions to return to school for his sophomore year. But yesterday he changed his mind in will indeed enter the draft
– With all the turmoil going on at UConn, could the Huskies be on the brink of mediocrity?
– As we all know, Virginia Tech fired Seth Greenberg on Monday. Who will replace him? Could it be former-Duquesne head coach Ron Everhart? It won’t be Shaka Smart, that is for certain. Another list of potential candidates. What will Greenberg’s legacy be at Virginia Tech? Greenberg is likely headed to a television set near you. Dana O’Neil wonders what’s next for VaTech
– Virginia Tech signee Montrezel Harris will seek a release from his commitment
– Notre Dame should find out soon about the eligibility of two key players
– Kentucky coach John Calipari threw out the first pitch at yesterday’s Cincinnati Red’s game
– Vincent Garrett a 6-6 JuCo wing from Texas has committed to Rutgers
– South Carolina-transfer Anthony Gill has chosen to attend Virginia
– Speaking of South Carolina, new head coach Frank Martin denies any tension with the Kansas State athletic department and says he “did not run away from K-State”
– Rice-transfer Dylan Ennis has decided to attend Villanova
– Marquette assistant coach Tony Benford has been hired by North Texas as their new head coach
– Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow is welcoming in Nerlens Noel with open arms….by growing his very own hi-top fade
– Some guy in the Latvian Basketball sank a shot very reminiscent of OK-State’ Byron Eaton against Texas in 2007
Jan 28, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
Rhode Island moved to 14-5 overall and 6-2 in Atlantic 10 play with the win over Fordham.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:52 PM EST
The Huskies will be short one perimeter option when they take on Cincinnati Thursday night.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Jerian Grant was the headliner for the Fighting Irish, but he had plenty of help as they erased a ten-point second half deficit.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
The night is only getting started.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
Nine uncommitted players, with Duke and (get this) LSU leading the way with two each.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
The year of Maryland’s lone national title (2002) and the program’s former home can be seen in the graphics on this special shoe.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Johnson was considering some other high major programs.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:27 PM EST
Can you guess who those two are?
Jan 28, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
Travis is a key piece for the Cardinal front court.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
A thrilling top ten battle highlights the night.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:25 AM EST
You know what Michigan doesn’t need? More injuries.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 AM EST
We have heard Renardo Sidney say he is a changed man before. He explains why a two-year hiatus from basketball has changed him.
Late Night Snacks: Florida, Xavier, West Virginia earn good road wins; VCU rolls past George Washington
Jan 27, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Xavier and West Virginia earned nice conference road wins while VCU rolled over George Washington.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:16 PM EST
Florida needed this win badly. Dorian Finney-Smith dunked them there.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Wyoming’s Riley Grabau banked in a buzzer-beater from long distance to end the first half against Utah State.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Virginia Tech’s Adam Smith is Tuesday night’s hero.
Jan 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
South Florida is still without its most productive player after after he went into the hospital with chest pains this weekend.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Colorado gets another guard in the 2016 class.
Akron to play second-annual ‘Purple Out’ in purple uniforms to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness
Jan 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Akron is having its second-annual “Purple Out” against Ball State to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
You sometimes forget just how good some of the Duke guards were throughout the years. Here’s a reminder.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 2
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)