Apr 26, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Dana O’Neil provides your must-read of the day on the college basketball story of the year
– Ryan Greene ranks the best teams in the west headed into the 2012-2013
– Transfer-blocking stinks. But blocking a transfer because their grades aren’t where the school wants them isn’t all that bad
– Will 72-year old Larry Brown be able to make a wave on the recruiting trail? The former-NBA head coach believes his pro experience will help. Speaking of Larry Brown, he took some shots at his former-boss, Michael Jordan
– Who will Virginia Tech hire to replace Seth Greenberg. If it follows the trend of ACC hires, it is likely to be a current college head coach. John Feinstein provides an interesting take on the school’s decision to fire the head coach
– Just because a school is in a BCS-conference doesn’t mean it’s a “great-job”. Don;t believe me? Just ask Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall and Mark Few. All four “mid-major” head coaches have turned down multiple BCS-conference jobs. Speaking of which, exactly how good is the Virginia Tech head coaching job?
– Drake’s Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois. Jeff Eisenberg wonders what Rice will do about his “Drake” tattoos
– UCLA-bound Kyle Anderson had an MRI on his injured hand and the results were not good
– Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year extension after leading the Blue Raiders to a school record 27 wins in 2012
– To Indiana head coach Tom Crean, this past season was just the beginning. He is going to push his team to achieve greatness
– Wake Forest legend Randolph Childress has joined the Demon Deacons as the new director of player development
– John Templon put together a good offseason-read on the NYC “Bracket of Champions”
– A good-read on Oakland coach Greg Kampe, who has spurned many a job offer in order to stay at the Summit League power-house
– I’m glad to hear this is happening. I was in East Rutherford when the tragedy struck
– VCU’s Bradford Burgess, the NCAA’s all-time consecutive starts leader, threw out the first pitch at the VCU-Virginia game
– An update on what Michigan plans to do with their Fab-5 banner
– Kentucky has been killing it in the YouTube department
Minneapolis EYBL Day 1: Harry Giles continues impressive spring, Dennis Smith and De’Aaron Fox battle
May 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
The final session of the Nike EYBL tipped in Minneapolis on Saturday.
May 24, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Pitt added a big man who can play right away next season.
May 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two of the best in the 2016 class battle in the Under Armour Association.
May 24, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Already thin at the point, the situation becomes even tougher for first-year head coach Chris Mullin if this turns out to be the case.
May 23, 2015, 9:51 PM EDT
A Big 12 and a Big Ten program are among those due who have reached out to the 7-foot-2 Fairfield Prep (Connecticut) product.
May 23, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Colorado’s Tad Boyle doesn’t like the proposed shot clock change, and he made a good point about the physical nature of college basketball today.
May 23, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Les led the Aggies to a school-record (Division I era) 25 wins and their first Big West regular season title last season.
May 23, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Noah Dickerson had previously committed to Georgetown and Florida.
May 23, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The former Wolverine could remain in the Big Ten.
May 23, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin big man averaged 16.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in his last two seasons.
May 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The sophomore guard missed the final 12 games of the season.
May 23, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He is the younger brother of former UCLA Bruin Shabazz Muhammad.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Nevada landed an impact transfer that could help at guard after next season.
May 22, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona will have some intriguing home-and-home games to go along with an in-season tournament.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander might have returned for his sophomore season if the NCAA had not been involved.
May 22, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Kentucky promoted a familiar face for the open assistant spot.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Nebraska loses a commitment who could be headed elsewhere soon.
May 22, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Fox has led the Bulldogs to two NCAA tournament appearances in his six years as head coach, including last season’s 21-win team.
May 22, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
The Rutgers perimeter rotation may be crowded, but there’s plenty of room for contributions as the team won just ten games last season.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
UNC now has 90 days to craft a response to the NCAA’s allegations.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)