Apr 26, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Dana O’Neil provides your must-read of the day on the college basketball story of the year
- Ryan Greene ranks the best teams in the west headed into the 2012-2013
- Transfer-blocking stinks. But blocking a transfer because their grades aren’t where the school wants them isn’t all that bad
- Will 72-year old Larry Brown be able to make a wave on the recruiting trail? The former-NBA head coach believes his pro experience will help. Speaking of Larry Brown, he took some shots at his former-boss, Michael Jordan
- Who will Virginia Tech hire to replace Seth Greenberg. If it follows the trend of ACC hires, it is likely to be a current college head coach. John Feinstein provides an interesting take on the school’s decision to fire the head coach
- Just because a school is in a BCS-conference doesn’t mean it’s a “great-job”. Don;t believe me? Just ask Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall and Mark Few. All four “mid-major” head coaches have turned down multiple BCS-conference jobs. Speaking of which, exactly how good is the Virginia Tech head coaching job?
- Drake’s Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois. Jeff Eisenberg wonders what Rice will do about his “Drake” tattoos
- UCLA-bound Kyle Anderson had an MRI on his injured hand and the results were not good
- Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year extension after leading the Blue Raiders to a school record 27 wins in 2012
- To Indiana head coach Tom Crean, this past season was just the beginning. He is going to push his team to achieve greatness
- Wake Forest legend Randolph Childress has joined the Demon Deacons as the new director of player development
- John Templon put together a good offseason-read on the NYC “Bracket of Champions”
- A good-read on Oakland coach Greg Kampe, who has spurned many a job offer in order to stay at the Summit League power-house
- I’m glad to hear this is happening. I was in East Rutherford when the tragedy struck
- VCU’s Bradford Burgess, the NCAA’s all-time consecutive starts leader, threw out the first pitch at the VCU-Virginia game
- An update on what Michigan plans to do with their Fab-5 banner
- Kentucky has been killing it in the YouTube department
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Davidson is gone, but that does not mean that the SoCon will be a bad basketball league.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Only three programs remain in contention for the nation’s top rated point guard.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Pretty good dunk, but still not better than Chris Mack’s entrance.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The Hall of Fame coach makes his first comments, several days after Kenneth Wainstein released his report.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Tom Izzo does it again. Add it to the long line of amazing midnight madness entrances.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Chris Mack and his daughters performed ‘Paul Revere’ at Musketeer Madness on Friday night.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Wisconsin forward is likely to miss a week or two
Oct 24, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Ed Cooley adds a 6-foot-8 forward to the Friars’ front court.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
The former Virginia Tech Hokie will be a big boost to SMU’s perimeter.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Manhattan and head coach Steve Masiello had some issues to address this spring, but thanks in part to their departed senior class the Jaspers are well-positioned to once again contend in the MAAC.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
One of the nation’s highly-touted bigs is closer to making a decision after eliminating two programs from his list.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Jones became the second coach to lead LSU to postseason appearances in his first two years this past spring.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Kellogg’s led his alma mater to 21 wins or more in each of the last three seasons.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Georgetown holds a 35-29 lead in their all-time series with UConn.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Villanova went 29-5 last season and return essentially the same lineup. Why aren’t more people talking about them?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Texas now has two four-star commitments, with Kerwin Roach joining Eric Davis on Friday.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Of Baylor’s five verbal commitments in the Class of 2015 four are guards, including their latest commit.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Syracuse’s men’s basketball and football programs are under investigation, with the stakes being higher for Jim Boeheim’s program.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)