Apr 26, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Dana O’Neil provides your must-read of the day on the college basketball story of the year
- Ryan Greene ranks the best teams in the west headed into the 2012-2013
- Transfer-blocking stinks. But blocking a transfer because their grades aren’t where the school wants them isn’t all that bad
- Will 72-year old Larry Brown be able to make a wave on the recruiting trail? The former-NBA head coach believes his pro experience will help. Speaking of Larry Brown, he took some shots at his former-boss, Michael Jordan
- Who will Virginia Tech hire to replace Seth Greenberg. If it follows the trend of ACC hires, it is likely to be a current college head coach. John Feinstein provides an interesting take on the school’s decision to fire the head coach
- Just because a school is in a BCS-conference doesn’t mean it’s a “great-job”. Don;t believe me? Just ask Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall and Mark Few. All four “mid-major” head coaches have turned down multiple BCS-conference jobs. Speaking of which, exactly how good is the Virginia Tech head coaching job?
- Drake’s Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois. Jeff Eisenberg wonders what Rice will do about his “Drake” tattoos
- UCLA-bound Kyle Anderson had an MRI on his injured hand and the results were not good
- Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year extension after leading the Blue Raiders to a school record 27 wins in 2012
- To Indiana head coach Tom Crean, this past season was just the beginning. He is going to push his team to achieve greatness
- Wake Forest legend Randolph Childress has joined the Demon Deacons as the new director of player development
- John Templon put together a good offseason-read on the NYC “Bracket of Champions”
- A good-read on Oakland coach Greg Kampe, who has spurned many a job offer in order to stay at the Summit League power-house
- I’m glad to hear this is happening. I was in East Rutherford when the tragedy struck
- VCU’s Bradford Burgess, the NCAA’s all-time consecutive starts leader, threw out the first pitch at the VCU-Virginia game
- An update on what Michigan plans to do with their Fab-5 banner
- Kentucky has been killing it in the YouTube department
Aug 27, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Richard Pitino had five recruits scheduled to join the program.
Aug 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The College of Charleston is looking to replace Doug Wojcik, who was fired on Aug. 5.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
This is the first commit in the Beavers’ Class of 2015.
Aug 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The 6-foot-10 big man was dismissed from Missouri on April 10.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Some of the best high school players in the country appeared in Elite 24 this weekend in Brooklyn.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
The younger brother of Enes Kanter will join the favorite to win the Horizon League.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Porter Moser’s team should still take a step forward in the Missouri Valley.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Pastner continues to recruit the state of Tennessee well.
Aug 26, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Some teams are unlucky in losses. It’s not bad luck when you blow games you should have won, though.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Our top ten is different, but not by that much.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to a report, there are six sites vying for four Final Fours between 2017 and 2020.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Value Add is college basketball’s equivalent to WARP.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
UTEP took a blow to its 2014-15 season as two freshmen failed to make the roster.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Xavier went 4-0 on a preseason trip to Brazil and got a lot of playing time for its inexperienced team.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
UConn gave a scholarship to a former walk-on.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Former Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson will get a shot to play professionally in Europe.
Aug 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Cool video of a Vanderbilt walk-on earning a scholarship.
Aug 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Former Georgetown great Patrick Ewing and agent David Falk are donating $3.3 million to Georgetown for a practice facility.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
This week’s CBT Recruiting Roundup features some thoughts on Bruce Pearl’s fast start at Auburn and a couple players cutting school lists.
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)