Apr 26, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Dana O’Neil provides your must-read of the day on the college basketball story of the year
– Ryan Greene ranks the best teams in the west headed into the 2012-2013
– Transfer-blocking stinks. But blocking a transfer because their grades aren’t where the school wants them isn’t all that bad
– Will 72-year old Larry Brown be able to make a wave on the recruiting trail? The former-NBA head coach believes his pro experience will help. Speaking of Larry Brown, he took some shots at his former-boss, Michael Jordan
– Who will Virginia Tech hire to replace Seth Greenberg. If it follows the trend of ACC hires, it is likely to be a current college head coach. John Feinstein provides an interesting take on the school’s decision to fire the head coach
– Just because a school is in a BCS-conference doesn’t mean it’s a “great-job”. Don;t believe me? Just ask Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall and Mark Few. All four “mid-major” head coaches have turned down multiple BCS-conference jobs. Speaking of which, exactly how good is the Virginia Tech head coaching job?
– Drake’s Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois. Jeff Eisenberg wonders what Rice will do about his “Drake” tattoos
– UCLA-bound Kyle Anderson had an MRI on his injured hand and the results were not good
– Middle Tennessee head coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year extension after leading the Blue Raiders to a school record 27 wins in 2012
– To Indiana head coach Tom Crean, this past season was just the beginning. He is going to push his team to achieve greatness
– Wake Forest legend Randolph Childress has joined the Demon Deacons as the new director of player development
– John Templon put together a good offseason-read on the NYC “Bracket of Champions”
– A good-read on Oakland coach Greg Kampe, who has spurned many a job offer in order to stay at the Summit League power-house
– I’m glad to hear this is happening. I was in East Rutherford when the tragedy struck
– VCU’s Bradford Burgess, the NCAA’s all-time consecutive starts leader, threw out the first pitch at the VCU-Virginia game
– An update on what Michigan plans to do with their Fab-5 banner
– Kentucky has been killing it in the YouTube department
May 3, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan will be around for at least a few more years, it seems.
May 3, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
Gonzaga landed a huge transfer in former Washington guard Nigel Williams-Goss.
May 3, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s charter jet use is examined in a new report.
May 3, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Former Old Dominion forward Richard Ross is continuing to pursue the NFL and has been invited to a mini-camp.
May 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
North Carolina commit Jalek Felton is fun to watch.
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
After being dismissed from Oregon, Dominic Artis spent a year at Diablo Valley CC in California but did not play basketball.
May 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Nwamu averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from three at Mercer last season.
May 2, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Dakota Slaughter didn’t see much playing time at Alabama, but that could change at UTPA.
May 2, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
A high-level perimeter shooter, Williams can help a team that was lacking in that area in 2014-15.
May 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
ECU scholarship athletes in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will receive an extra $4,025 in scholarship money beginning August 1.
May 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Florida has four Class of 2015 recruits signed for next season.
May 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
De’Aaron Fox is one of the elite players in the Class of 2016 and he’s spending the spring focusing on defense and being a leader.
May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown’s commitment shook up the college basketball world on Friday night.
May 2, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Arizona State is losing a sophomore guard to transfer
May 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahmad Walker is returning to Stony Brook after a season in the junior college ranks.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Baylor commit Mark Vital gets it done when it comes to dunks.
May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
May 1, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown ended his long and complicated recruitment and committed on Friday night.
May 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Former Miami (OH) point guard Quinten Rollins transitioned to football after his college basketball career finished and now he’s been drafted to the NFL.
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman center Jeremiah April will transfer.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)