Apr 27, 2012, 9:35 AM EST
Just over a week after the United States Senate passed a resolution honoring Kentucky for its national championship, the Kansas state senate will honor both Jayhawk basketball teams for their accomplishments.
Members of both teams will be on hand at the senate chambers in Topeka, with a resolution being read at 10 AM local time.
Bill Self’s Jayhawks had an outstanding season but fell short of their goal, falling to the Wildcats in the national title game by the final score of 67-59.
Thomas Robinson, expected to be a lottery pick in June’s NBA Draft, was a First Team All-American and Big 12 Player of the Year.
Also, the improvement of players such as Elijah Johnson, Tyshawn Taylor and Jeff Withey helped Kansas go 32-7 and win their eighth straight Big 12 title.
The women’s team, led by head coach Bonnie Henrickson, guard Angel Goodrich and forwards Carolyn Davis and Aisha Sutherland, went 21-13 and reached the Sweet 16 where they fell to Tennessee 84-73.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
There’s one less undefeated in college basketball as the Wildcats won at Louisville.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Wiltjer finished the game with 24 points and Pangos scored 18 of his 21 in the second half Saturday evening in Provo.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
Tokoto made just one field goal in UNC’s 89-58 win over UAB. Unfortunately for UAB’s WIlliam Lee, he got in the way.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
Semi Ojeleye averaged 2.0 points and 1.3 rebounds per game during his time at Duke.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Louisville’s starting perimeter (Rozier, Jones and Blackshear) combined to shoot 10-for-42 in their loss to No. 1 Kentucky.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
But just because he’s their best point guard doesn’t mean he’s going to be their starter.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
JayQuan McCloud didn’t play in a game at Murray State before deciding to transfer to a school closer to home.
Dec 27, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Hoyas and Hoosiers played one of the games of the season.
Dec 27, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
The UCLA front court took a hit on Saturday.
Dec 27, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
The Bulldogs are 4-8 on the season.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
The Demon Deacons will likely have only nine scholarship players for Sunday’s game at Richmond.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
On Monday night, Dwayne Polee II collapsed in a game against UC Riverside.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Best rivalry in college basketball headlines a full day of action.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Darrun Hilliard suffered a concussion on Dec. 20 in an overtime win over Syracuse.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Colorado State is off to its best start in school history with a 12-0 start.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
What does VCU have to improve on as it enters Atlantic 10 Conference play as the favorite?
Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Bobby Hurley landed the third player for his incoming class.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The leading scorer for the Terrapins has been out since Nov. 28.
Dec 26, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
The sophomore forward was involved in an accident on the early hours of Nov. 1.
Dec 26, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Jordan Price is averaging 18.8 points per game for the Explorers, and he’s scored 26 or more in each of the last three games.
- Perimeter shot selection will be key for Louisville moving forward 0
- Tyler Ulis proves he’s Kentucky’s best point guard in 58-50 win over Louisville 2
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 1
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 3
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season (4)
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game (3)
- POSTERIZED: Don’t jump with Loyola Marymount’s Evan Payne like Ron Baker did (VIDEO) (3)
- Pregame Shootaround: Six Top 15 teams in action tonight (3)