Apr 27, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Make sure you read Myron Medcalf’s post about the lack of loyalty in college basketball
- Luke Winn continues to hand out his coaching awards, this time handing out post-season hardware
- Former-Syracuse star Derrick Coleman is in talks with Larry Brown about becoming an assistant coach at SMU. Illinois State head coach Tim Jankovich will join Brown’s staff in Dallas as the “coach in waiting”. Brown also plucked assistant coach Ulric Maligi from Houston, who has a bevy of AAU ties within the state
- Early bets out of Vegas have the Indiana Hoosiers as favorites to win the 2013 National Championship. NC-State, one of the sexy picks to be ranked in the preseason top-10, was way down the list with 50-1 odds
- A great-read on Dominique Ferguson’s situation at Florida International. It’s one thing to restrict players from transferring to certain schools. It’s another thing to block players from transferring because of grades. But to block a transfer just because? Now that’s just messed up
- New Rhode Island head coach Danny Hurley is stockpiling transfers before his first season even begins. Could he be the next Fred Hoiberg?
- A nice-read on Illinois-native Rayvonte Rice, who is transferring from Drake in order to play for the Illini
- Hawaii freshman Shaq Stokes is leaving school due to family reasons. The New York-native was the preseason pick for WAC Rookie of the Year.
- Murray State is struggling to find non-conference opponents. This tends to happen to high-profile mid-majors because BCS-conference schools don’t want to take the risk. But one school that might be willing to is in-state power, and reigning National Champion Kentucky
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari will play a role in the Kentucky Derby festivities
- Oh, and KSR’s Matt Jones takes Gary Parrish to task over something he said about Anthony Davis and a rumor regarding illegal benefits
- OK, the last Kentucky-related link. A music video of the mayhem that took place in Lexington following the National Championship win. This is just marvelous
- Tulsa has reached an agreement with Jordan Clarkson on where he can and cannot transfer to
- There aren’t many players left at UConn after all the exodus, but the ones still in Storrs want Jim Calhoun back on the sidelines next season
- The NCAA has agreed to give some schools an additional year to meet new academic standards tied to postseason eligibility.
- A few Georgetown Hoyas lead a “Hakuna Matata” flash mob in the cafeteria
Jul 25, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Texas native isn’t happy some Texas schools pulled their scholarship offers.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
Two of the nation’s best big men were on the same court Thursday, with Zimmerman’s Oakland Soldiers getting the win.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Hipsher worked with Watson from 2009-11, when he was associate head coach at Alabama and Watson a grad assistant.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Despite the fact that Vujovic made it through the NCAA Eligibility Center, Monmouth has decided to not admit him.
Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
Eric McKnight’s waiver to play immediately was denied by the SEC.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Groce is under .500 in Big Ten play in his two seasons at Illinois.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
Florida State will play five non-conference games against teams that reached the NCAA tournament last season.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The four latest five-star recruits that Cal landed all showed off their Kentucky threads on instagram.
Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Mostella has travelled a long road to get to Knoxville.
Jul 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Austin has found a landing place, but it’s still a long way from the Division I ranks.
Jul 24, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Three true road games and a visit from the reigning champs?
Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Thon Maker is a top five recruit in 2016 and would be a top two or three recruit in 2015.
Jul 24, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Hoiberg had surgery to replace his pacemaker last week.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
The events will be played in November and December
Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Mykhailiuk is playing in the B Division of the event.
Jul 24, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The final open period has begun, with Corey Sanders and Jalen Brunson among the standouts.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Perry’s been at USC Upstate since 2009, and among the players he’s helped recruit was former great Torrey Craig.
Jul 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Brown averaged 5.5 points per game and made 13 starts in 35 appearances for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
Jul 23, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Lindsay played his freshman season at Kansas
Jul 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Beasley has been one of the nations top performers over the last three months
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 0
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)