Apr 27, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Make sure you read Myron Medcalf’s post about the lack of loyalty in college basketball
- Luke Winn continues to hand out his coaching awards, this time handing out post-season hardware
- Former-Syracuse star Derrick Coleman is in talks with Larry Brown about becoming an assistant coach at SMU. Illinois State head coach Tim Jankovich will join Brown’s staff in Dallas as the “coach in waiting”. Brown also plucked assistant coach Ulric Maligi from Houston, who has a bevy of AAU ties within the state
- Early bets out of Vegas have the Indiana Hoosiers as favorites to win the 2013 National Championship. NC-State, one of the sexy picks to be ranked in the preseason top-10, was way down the list with 50-1 odds
- A great-read on Dominique Ferguson’s situation at Florida International. It’s one thing to restrict players from transferring to certain schools. It’s another thing to block players from transferring because of grades. But to block a transfer just because? Now that’s just messed up
- New Rhode Island head coach Danny Hurley is stockpiling transfers before his first season even begins. Could he be the next Fred Hoiberg?
- A nice-read on Illinois-native Rayvonte Rice, who is transferring from Drake in order to play for the Illini
- Hawaii freshman Shaq Stokes is leaving school due to family reasons. The New York-native was the preseason pick for WAC Rookie of the Year.
- Murray State is struggling to find non-conference opponents. This tends to happen to high-profile mid-majors because BCS-conference schools don’t want to take the risk. But one school that might be willing to is in-state power, and reigning National Champion Kentucky
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari will play a role in the Kentucky Derby festivities
- Oh, and KSR’s Matt Jones takes Gary Parrish to task over something he said about Anthony Davis and a rumor regarding illegal benefits
- OK, the last Kentucky-related link. A music video of the mayhem that took place in Lexington following the National Championship win. This is just marvelous
- Tulsa has reached an agreement with Jordan Clarkson on where he can and cannot transfer to
- There aren’t many players left at UConn after all the exodus, but the ones still in Storrs want Jim Calhoun back on the sidelines next season
- The NCAA has agreed to give some schools an additional year to meet new academic standards tied to postseason eligibility.
- A few Georgetown Hoyas lead a “Hakuna Matata” flash mob in the cafeteria
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
Georgetown committed 19 turnovers, but they shot 49 percent from the field and earned another quality win for the Big East.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Through five games Louisville is shooting 24-for-105 from three. They’ll need to shoot better than that when Ohio State visits next Tuesday.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Sir’Dominic Pointer picked off Minnesota center Elliot Eliason’s outlet pass and made the big man pay for his mistake.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Justin Reed was one of America East’s best guards in each of his first two seasons, but that hasn’t been the case in 2014-15.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
After launching 22 three-pointers in the first half, Oklahoma took a wiser approach to the offensive end of the floor as they outlasted No. 22 UCLA.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
It’s hard to put too much stake in one loss, but there are a couple of things from this game that we need to keep an eye on.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Cameron Biedscheid averaged 6.2 points per game as a freshman at Notre Dame in 2012-13.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Joining Cullen Neal on the sideline is Arthur Edwards, who is expected to miss 4-6 weeks thanks to a dislocated finger.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
The importance of this win for Butler cannot be overstated.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
JayVaughn Pinkston is the leader and go-to guy for Villanova. And he is not their star because … why?
Nov 26, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Gordon is averaging 10.5 points this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Not a bad way to kick off the Thanksgiving weekend
Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
He was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Angry John Beilein is the best John Beilein.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Pinkston made a couple of huge plays down the stretch.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Another busy night of college hoops as the Maui semifinals wrap up and Arkansas gets a statement road win.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Maryland pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the young season as they outplayed No. 13 Iowa State for much of the game in front of a pro-Cyclone crowd in Kansas City.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run
Nov 25, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
As Arizona has struggled to find consistent offense early in the 2014-15 season, the consistency and selfless nature of sophomore forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has allowed Sean Miller to experiment with what works early.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Kansas head coach Bill Self is trying to get through to his players by changing starting lineups.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
The former national champion still has the touch.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)