Apr 27, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Make sure you read Myron Medcalf’s post about the lack of loyalty in college basketball
- Luke Winn continues to hand out his coaching awards, this time handing out post-season hardware
- Former-Syracuse star Derrick Coleman is in talks with Larry Brown about becoming an assistant coach at SMU. Illinois State head coach Tim Jankovich will join Brown’s staff in Dallas as the “coach in waiting”. Brown also plucked assistant coach Ulric Maligi from Houston, who has a bevy of AAU ties within the state
- Early bets out of Vegas have the Indiana Hoosiers as favorites to win the 2013 National Championship. NC-State, one of the sexy picks to be ranked in the preseason top-10, was way down the list with 50-1 odds
- A great-read on Dominique Ferguson’s situation at Florida International. It’s one thing to restrict players from transferring to certain schools. It’s another thing to block players from transferring because of grades. But to block a transfer just because? Now that’s just messed up
- New Rhode Island head coach Danny Hurley is stockpiling transfers before his first season even begins. Could he be the next Fred Hoiberg?
- A nice-read on Illinois-native Rayvonte Rice, who is transferring from Drake in order to play for the Illini
- Hawaii freshman Shaq Stokes is leaving school due to family reasons. The New York-native was the preseason pick for WAC Rookie of the Year.
- Murray State is struggling to find non-conference opponents. This tends to happen to high-profile mid-majors because BCS-conference schools don’t want to take the risk. But one school that might be willing to is in-state power, and reigning National Champion Kentucky
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari will play a role in the Kentucky Derby festivities
- Oh, and KSR’s Matt Jones takes Gary Parrish to task over something he said about Anthony Davis and a rumor regarding illegal benefits
- OK, the last Kentucky-related link. A music video of the mayhem that took place in Lexington following the National Championship win. This is just marvelous
- Tulsa has reached an agreement with Jordan Clarkson on where he can and cannot transfer to
- There aren’t many players left at UConn after all the exodus, but the ones still in Storrs want Jim Calhoun back on the sidelines next season
- The NCAA has agreed to give some schools an additional year to meet new academic standards tied to postseason eligibility.
- A few Georgetown Hoyas lead a “Hakuna Matata” flash mob in the cafeteria
Aug 27, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
The top two is not a surprise. It gets interesting after that.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
He’s broached the subject a number of times this summer.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
At this point, comparing the two is unfair to Irvin.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
It may not be surprising, then, to hear that their new head coach is a product of Shaka Smart’s VCU staff.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Richard Pitino had five recruits scheduled to join the program.
Aug 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The College of Charleston is looking to replace Doug Wojcik, who was fired on Aug. 5.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
This is the first commit in the Beavers’ Class of 2015.
Aug 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The 6-foot-10 big man was dismissed from Missouri on April 10.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Some of the best high school players in the country appeared in Elite 24 this weekend in Brooklyn.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
The younger brother of Enes Kanter will join the favorite to win the Horizon League.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Porter Moser’s team should still take a step forward in the Missouri Valley.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Pastner continues to recruit the state of Tennessee well.
Aug 26, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Some teams are unlucky in losses. It’s not bad luck when you blow games you should have won, though.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Our top ten is different, but not by that much.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to a report, there are six sites vying for four Final Fours between 2017 and 2020.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Value Add is college basketball’s equivalent to WARP.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
UTEP took a blow to its 2014-15 season as two freshmen failed to make the roster.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Xavier went 4-0 on a preseason trip to Brazil and got a lot of playing time for its inexperienced team.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
UConn gave a scholarship to a former walk-on.
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 0
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)