Apr 27, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Make sure you read Myron Medcalf’s post about the lack of loyalty in college basketball
- Luke Winn continues to hand out his coaching awards, this time handing out post-season hardware
- Former-Syracuse star Derrick Coleman is in talks with Larry Brown about becoming an assistant coach at SMU. Illinois State head coach Tim Jankovich will join Brown’s staff in Dallas as the “coach in waiting”. Brown also plucked assistant coach Ulric Maligi from Houston, who has a bevy of AAU ties within the state
- Early bets out of Vegas have the Indiana Hoosiers as favorites to win the 2013 National Championship. NC-State, one of the sexy picks to be ranked in the preseason top-10, was way down the list with 50-1 odds
- A great-read on Dominique Ferguson’s situation at Florida International. It’s one thing to restrict players from transferring to certain schools. It’s another thing to block players from transferring because of grades. But to block a transfer just because? Now that’s just messed up
- New Rhode Island head coach Danny Hurley is stockpiling transfers before his first season even begins. Could he be the next Fred Hoiberg?
- A nice-read on Illinois-native Rayvonte Rice, who is transferring from Drake in order to play for the Illini
- Hawaii freshman Shaq Stokes is leaving school due to family reasons. The New York-native was the preseason pick for WAC Rookie of the Year.
- Murray State is struggling to find non-conference opponents. This tends to happen to high-profile mid-majors because BCS-conference schools don’t want to take the risk. But one school that might be willing to is in-state power, and reigning National Champion Kentucky
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari will play a role in the Kentucky Derby festivities
- Oh, and KSR’s Matt Jones takes Gary Parrish to task over something he said about Anthony Davis and a rumor regarding illegal benefits
- OK, the last Kentucky-related link. A music video of the mayhem that took place in Lexington following the National Championship win. This is just marvelous
- Tulsa has reached an agreement with Jordan Clarkson on where he can and cannot transfer to
- There aren’t many players left at UConn after all the exodus, but the ones still in Storrs want Jim Calhoun back on the sidelines next season
- The NCAA has agreed to give some schools an additional year to meet new academic standards tied to postseason eligibility.
- A few Georgetown Hoyas lead a “Hakuna Matata” flash mob in the cafeteria
Oct 21, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
The Aggies now have one of the best recruiting classes in the country.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
American was the surprise team in the Patriot League a season ago. Can they repeat as league champs?
Oct 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
No surprise that Murray State and Belmont are expected to be at the top of the league.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
L.J. Rose is expected to return around Christmas.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Gators are good enough to win the SEC. They have enough question marks to finish outside the top 25 as well.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:08 AM EDT
That fan looks like he’s enjoying things.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
These are the players to keep an eye on if you like seeing aerial acrobatics.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Kansas State is losing a redshirt freshman to transfer.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Virginia got a very skilled guard in the 2016 class.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Florida landed an in-state Class of 2015 wing to make it a four-man class.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Memphis found a 2016 guard to join center Nick Marshall in the recruiting class.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
SMU could be in trouble if a second-team all-league pick is ruled ineligible.
Oct 20, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the world of college basketball recruiting.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Lorenzo Romar now has a six-man recruiting class for 2015.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Oklahoma has a chance to be the second-best team in the Big 12, especially if a key player receives a waiver.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Hawks will have a thin front court this season.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Five new hires that should thrive, and five who may end up struggling.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Stevie Clark was dismissed from Oklahoma State after a pair of bizarre incidents involving the police.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Chris Walker sounds pretty funny.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Jaylen Brantley is Maryland’s first commitment in the class.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)